Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Is having no mufflers bad? VX

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Yeah he is! Think your onto something here kcpwns! Lets just slander new people that come allong! See how long they stick around for

I wouldn't call being here for over a year, 'new'.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Commodore 2002 Executive v6. Ex Patrol Car

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
if we r so dumb then y didnt u know the answer 2 ur question? sounds 2 me u just dont like being told the truth even by the cops wen here they r clearly right here neways, ur just asking 4 it really.

joshyewahh

Lumpy VY-II SS! 335rwkw!
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY-II SS 6spM
look from what iv "heard" taking your rear muffler off isnt illegal. as long as your exhaust piping ends after your rear axel and has a hot dog/ resonator somewhere along the lines then apparently its legal. not something i'd do to my ute, sounds mean as the way it is, but yeah, my 2c

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
To the Thread Starter, where you kicked in the head by a butterfly when you were younger, or did you're parents just drop you on you're head. I'm so glad I didn't read all the posts to this thread because I fear I would of gone to you're low of being stupid. As for VS springs into a VX, you are a complete and utter idiot, some VS still use a Solid Axel other VS use IRS (Depending on the model) So in all good theory yes VS springs will fit into a VX. This bullshit about SL being the lowest for VT-VX do you have any clue on what you're talking about, or are you just rumbling off **** you're awesome Mates told you? If you're so confused about with the forums, then its simple FU&KING LEAVE, Make sure the door hits you're ass HARD on the way out, because that just seems to be you're thing.

Fail thread!

kcpwns

Kicker - Livin' Loud :)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY V6 Equipe
To the Thread Starter, where you kicked in the head by a butterfly when you were younger, or did you're parents just drop you on you're head. I'm so glad I didn't read all the posts to this thread because I fear I would of gone to you're low of being stupid. As for VS springs into a VX, you are a complete and utter idiot, some VS still use a Solid Axel other VS use IRS (Depending on the model) So in all good theory yes VS springs will fit into a VX. This bullshit about SL being the lowest for VT-VX do you have any clue on what you're talking about, or are you just rumbling off **** you're awesome Mates told you? If you're so confused about with the forums, then its simple FU&KING LEAVE, Make sure the door hits you're ass HARD on the way out, because that just seems to be you're thing.

Fail thread!

BURNED! :p

klampy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda E2000 V6 convert
look from what iv "heard" taking your rear muffler off isnt illegal. as long as your exhaust piping ends after your rear axel and has a hot dog/ resonator somewhere along the lines then apparently its legal. not something i'd do to my ute, sounds mean as the way it is, but yeah, my 2c

this is correct, but. if you remove it and suddenly its louder than the legal limit then that makes it illegal to remove. so back to the OP, id be very surprised if a straight pipe is under the legal limit. It very well might sound ok, but its a volume factor. I myself have removed the rear silencer and fitted a smaller capacity center muffler in the chase for volume, and IMO its just right, loud enough to hear it when you boot it, but able to muffle it enough so i can drive it in peace when im just puttin round. and hey, if i wanna make noise whilst cruising, theres always a lower gear to bring the revs up and it has a particular sweet spot at about 2500-3000rpm which 2nd gear @60kays sounds mint! but obviously that chews the fuel so i only do it in places that it echos, like car parks n tunnels n such. (obviously not @60 in carparks tho..lol)

point was made that i completely agree with,

NotAnAbbaFan said:
In short, Police don't have to know every law regarding a motor vehicle, if they think something is illegal in their opinion, then they can defect you. It is up to you to get the car inspected and proven to be legal.

100% agree with this NAAB, when police decide to pick u up, its completely their decision what they get you for. if ur an ass, theyll go over you. if youre polite and courteous they tend to let you go.

the other day i was driving the work ute and got picked up for an RBT. im a green Pplater and had my 2yo son on the passenger seat, the ute has a passenger airbag so technically i could have gotten raped for no plates and the airbag factor but i was courteous and i was on my way home, he let me go free.

attitude makes all the difference.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover

Fail thread!

I'd hate to be the barer of bad news, but in a way, he is correct in that VS springs fit the VT-VX. But only because they use the same part number for VS super low and VT-VX ultra low. Only for IRS though. He is not correct by saying Kings don't make ultra lows for the VT-VX, they do. They just happen to be the same as super low VS IRS springs because the VT is heavier than the VS so a super low VS spring is an ultra low VT spring. Same deal with some front spring applications for Commodores.

So yes, still burned, but not quite as badly.....

stevieVT

The apprentice
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 VT berlina
i remember you guys had a huge cry about me having VS springs in my VX. goes to show how dumb you are.

SSL for a vx, are acutally VS springs... as vx-vt's lowest is SL. you guys are to quick to jump on the bandwagon and hate on people. all my mates say just commodores people have no clue and it goes to show. i ask questions here beacuse on the odd chance they get answered like the first two posts. rest was just garbage from the haters

I did a crap earlier........even it wasn't this stupid.