Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Jasons 2003 VY executive 'By Design'

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
theres not much to dislike about it mate, ss headlights would make it look better - i dont like that grill you said ur getting, or the white screen on the radio - i would have done it blue but thats ur choice i suppose

other than that ... not much to dislike (Y)

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
thanks mate, i wanted to break up the colours instead of all blue, white would be the best choice but your right it is a tad out of place,

ss headlights are on the table :)

with the grille i dont want to get one that everyone has and for an executive there isnt much choice apart from modding your own one (dont trust myself haha)

i wanna keep it original as possible so would get the chrome aftermarket ones on ebay, any other ideas?

thanks mate :)

cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
found some nice wheels i think will ook good/unique on my car
i thnk they are VE calais V's? correct me if im wrong, do you guys reckon they will look good? i think they only come in 18"s but thats ok cause i dont want it too big (makes it look lower when they are smaller) and cheaper tyres :)

very interested in what you guys think, buckled one of my wheels so need new rims asap, senators look a bit tacky i think (i did love them haha) and cbf buying anouther VY SS because ill get some new ones in future.

here is a pic of rims on VE and also an ebay item of the rims

http://www.caradvice.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Holden_Calais-V_SIDI_003.jpg

VE Calais Wheels Rims 18 Inch V Series 2 SS SV6 HSV SSV - eBay Other, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 18-Jul-10 12:03:55 AEST)

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
love the color and i reckon the wheels suit it mate,who cares if every one else has them.
and lol i must be a bogan check out my vt thread

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
haha thanks mate, yeah i loved them but seeing them on a few cars makes me think they arnt as good, i really like those rims above as look classy as :) and cheaper :)

the only other ones i have found are these
Commodore Wheels VE Caprice WM 18 Inch Rims Holden VGC - eBay Other, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 02-Aug-10 18:40:59 AEST)

VE caprice i think, but cant find any good pics on a vy-vz, anyone know anyone with either of these wheels? id love to see a pic.

cheers

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
found a good seller on ebay seeling VE wheels,
can someone confirm that you can fit them? aparently it costs about 27$ and they can mod them to fit,

thinking VE Caprice rather than VE calais V's, what do you guys think

can get tad scratched rims for 660$ then tyres for 520$ all up making it under 1200$ :)

GENUINE WM CAPRICE 18" ALLOYS SUIT VN-VZ MODELS MARKED - eBay Wheels, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 20-Jul-10 12:04:06 AEST)

or

GENUINE HOLDEN VE CALAIS V S11 18"ALLOY RIM $198.00EA - eBay Wheels, Wheels, Tyres, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 22-Jul-10 15:09:58 AEST)

let me know cheers guys

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
serious? did you get the ajusted or whatever for a VY? how much you may extra? i hope it doesnt **** em up.

thats good to hear he is a good bloke, im leaning towards caprices as calais' look stockish, but still good, im still unsure haha

danieLOL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Executive S2
yeah they're machined to fit vy but they werent the brand new ones i paid 198ea, he said brand new are 330 ea but since these are 'damaged' which means the tiniest little marks on them lol so i didnt care and you can barely notice them i think saving 130 a wheel was a steal for 19s

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
**** yeah might go have a look what he has tomorow, dont have the money yet but need to organise stuff, did he supply tyres too? he's got the "slightly damaged" set for 660$ :)