Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Oh and nearly forgot! I popped the front bumper off this morning at my local Autopro. Drove just a bit too far over the carpark bollard and while reversing the lower part of the bumper clipped the bolt and pulled it off.

So while I was there, I put the bumper back on and replaced all the push in clips and checked the screws on the inner guards for tightness and replaced any that were missing.

Luckily no damage, but now I will park far, far away from everything.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
So this arrived today.

Out with the old.

In with the new.

Pretty clean install if you ask me.

Comparison:
SuperCharge GOLD MF50 600CCA 105RC 36 month warranty, approx $165. General automotive battery.

Optima Bluetop D34M 750CCA 120RC 55Ah 24 month warranty for private use, approx $250. Designed for starting and deep cycle applications for vehicles with high accessory loads.

Last edited:

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Oh and nearly forgot! I popped the front bumper off this morning at my local Autopro. Drove just a bit too far over the carpark bollard and while reversing the lower part of the bumper clipped the bolt and pulled it off.

So while I was there, I put the bumper back on and replaced all the push in clips and checked the screws on the inner guards for tightness and replaced any that were missing.

Luckily no damage, but now I will park far, far away from everything.

Ouch. Yeah I don't miss that at all with the clubby. Parking miles away from kerbing just in case. Battery looks good.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ouch. Yeah I don't miss that at all with the clubby. Parking miles away from kerbing just in case. Battery looks good.

And I was thinking of lowering it a tad too, but after that scenario... I think not. I
might lower it 5mm at all fours, but nothing major.

I just edited the post with more info for the keen eyed people. It all helps in the end.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Parts Party!!!

Boom!

So these turned up! While in the process of swapping out the tail lights, I replaced both boot struts and cleaned the body behind the tail lights of dirt and dust . I also put some heat absorbent foam around the battery to reduce engine bay heat. All the aforementioned LEDs in a previous post, were fitted as well.

Before:

After:

Tail LED:

Stop LED:

Reverse LED:

Indicator LED:

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
that ass went from nice to sexy.

I know right! It really makes it pop. They should've come standard with these!

I'll take some more photos in the daytime tomorrow as I ran out of light this afternoon fitting them up.

I am speechless on how good it looks on an Impulse Clubsport. As I've never seen or found a set on any Impulse Holden.

Vegemite

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VZ Calais
I agree with you, I dont know why all HSV's didnt come with the tail lights. They are the best looking VZ tail light by far.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
I agree with you, I dont know why all HSV's didnt come with the tail lights. They are the best looking VZ tail light by far.

Probably cost, but who knows. Doesn't matter now, VZs are over 10 years old ahaha.

Onto the next mod plan.

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Here's some more pics after a quick after work wash.

A/C belt had started to squeal this morning but a bar of soap after work has solved that for the interim, until my new Continental Elite (Goodyear Gatorback) drive belts come. I got them landed to my door interstate cheaper than I could get one belt to my door alone from local suppliers... Shocking.

Just some info regarding belts.

Standard factory LS2 6L belts are 6PK1995 for Alt, PS, Water pump and 4PK1100 for A/C.

Now since I have the Powerbond PBK001 kit fitted with a 25% under driven balancer (PBU1480-SS25), the belt sizes change to a 6PK1930 and a 4PK1015.

Goodyear Gatorback belts are now know as the Continental Elite series belts. Part numbers are as follows;

6PK1995 - 4060785
6PK1930 - 4060760
4PK1100 - 4040433
4PK1015 - 4040400

And I also have something else arriving soon, so stay tuned.