Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// KBAGZ' Impulse R8 Clubsport

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Those tail lights looks so much better then the stock ones , how much light do the reverse lights throw out at night ? Im after a brighter/whiter set for mine

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR II S-pac V6 Ute / VZ SV6 Sedan / VZ R8
Those tail lights looks so much better then the stock ones , how much light do the reverse lights throw out at night ? Im after a brighter/whiter set for mine

They are exactly what I wanted and more.

Heaps mate! Way better than the stock halogen bulbs. Mine are around 6500K, unsure of lumens. I'll go outside and take a few pics for you right now.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
For you, Trayner. Mind you these are 45 LED SMD, Aerpro do have 24s as well in their catalogue. But they aren't as bright, as I have them in my SV6.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Damn they could do as headlights. Sucks to be any one behind you if you put it in reverse at night.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Damn they could do as headlights. Sucks to be any one behind you if you put it in reverse at night.

You have a point there wraith.. I'll set up a dummy test with another family member's car and take a photo from their drivers seat at a normal distance at night.

My dad has two high output underground LED work lights hardwired into reverse in his Patrol, and they are blinding.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Wow man they are bright as , do you have a link to them at all ?

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Wow man they are bright as , do you have a link to them at all ?

Yes I do, just for you.

BA15S45W Replacement bulb 15mm bayonet | Aerpro

I left all my part numbers for the bulbs in a post a few pages back. My local Autopro had the stop/tail and indicator and Autobarn had the reverse. All up, cost me just under $100 for all three plus bonus resistors (that I didn't use), but I get trade price however.

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
And..... This arrived today.

Also, since I have ordered new belts and upon further inspection of the accessories I have found that the AC idler pulley is a bit fingered. So have ordered a Nuline pulley kit to coincide with the new belts.

Nuline part numbers as follows:
AC idler/tensioner - EP025 Flat steel x 2
Drive idler - EP024 Flat steel
Drive tensioner - EP026 6PK groove

Last edited:

K-BAGZ

De Plane! De Plane!
Reaction score
Members Ride
AC belt spat off as I drove into the driveway after work. Not happy, but I can deal with no AC until my belts and pulleys arrive. Not going to bother flipping it to change direction, I don't want to risk causing possible damage if it were to spit again.

Removing and installing belts on a hot engine isn't too fun either, but I'm used to it.

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Also, since I have ordered new belts and upon further inspection of the accessories I have found that the AC idler pulley is a bit fingered. So have ordered a Nuline pulley kit to coincide with the new belts.

Have fun with the t50 ? bolt on that one , its a real bitch to remove if its never been removed . I just ended up welding mine to the bolt to remove it as it kept rounding out the bolt .