Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VZ SS 6L Manual ute! (never dial-up friendly)

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Alot of my friends call me parsnips haha, was after KFC time.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
looks good dude thought about painting the grille badge black?
i did mine looks so much better

Nah man not my style. When I bought it the badge was black already but I took the plastidip off. I like badge highlights.

In other news I finally got a camera tripod so I can start doing some night photography with cars and longer shutter times. Can't wait!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Tiny update but i like to document everything..

After i wired the stereo I pretty much left it as a mess, but today I cleaned it up and did a before and after. Could of probably done it better but it's heaps better than it was.

Also got a picture of how it sits under the seat, it's velcrod to the ground and literally doesn't move.

In other news my girlfriend bought me a camera tripod for Christmas so I can FINALLY do some night shooting. Looking forward to the underground carpark pictures at night. This is at full height (which is about 2 metres high even though it doesn't look like it)

15724675_10212038758343987_2930825056325569194_o.jpg

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
My internet maxes at like 300kb/s and drops out every 10 minutes, it's close enough lol
On a "good" day I get nearly 400kb/s, it did jump up to 78mb/s one time and I was truly stunned lol
Ute's coming along very nicely btw, I did prefer the hardtop but I can fully see why you changed. Seeing that you had it lowered makes me quite jealous, I've been wanting to do that to me VT for ages :D

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
On a "good" day I get nearly 400kb/s, it did jump up to 78mb/s one time and I was truly stunned lol
Ute's coming along very nicely btw, I did prefer the hardtop but I can fully see why you changed. Seeing that you had it lowered makes me quite jealous, I've been wanting to do that to me VT for ages :D

Haha i've had that happen to me also, was like 90mb/s.

Yeah the hardtop was sex - I love hardtops on utes. But I didn't want to get stuck in a situation where i had to remove it myself.

Lowering can be quite cheap - I bought the KYB struts complete with spring for around the $300 mark, and springs were $90 shipped. So glad i bought spring compressors though, with the rear lower shocker bolt undone and diff dropped etc, the spring was still very snug in there haha.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Okay well some news - only 10 days until i'm full license, and 12 days until the car is tuned etc.

In the mail I have coming (or i have already got):

Shortened Munroe GT Shocks
Nothalane Rear diff bush insert (for axle tramp)

I just ordered slimline weather shields, i've wanted them on every car I've owned and I've never got them, and they don't actually look too bad.

My wagon also sold, which they are picking up the night i get my car back from the tuners.

I really want to order a 4.11 diff but I think i should pick up my motorbike first.

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
you don't go bigger then 3.9s on a daily driver.

And just the rear nolathane insert by itself will do **** all, you need the nolathane 49145 as well at a minimum :p but really you need to swap the whole rear end out with nolathane/superpro mixture to stiffen it up properly plus upgrade the sway bars as well for body roll :p

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
you don't go bigger then 3.9s on a daily driver.

And just the rear nolathane insert by itself will do **** all, you need the nolathane 49145 as well at a minimum :p but really you need to swap the whole rear end out with nolathane/superpro mixture to stiffen it up properly plus upgrade the sway bars as well for body roll :p

I dunno, my old 5 speed had short as **** gears and revved at like 2600rpm. The v8 gears are way too long and it'll sit on like 1800rpm with 4.11. Just depends what comes up as there's no genuine gears for 4.11 so I'm skeptical but we'll see.

There's only minor tramp after lowering it so this may be all I need. Heaps of other bushes in the car already had Nothalane bushes

Last edited: