Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VZ SS 6L Manual ute! (never dial-up friendly)

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
I beg to differ haha, half of my lightpainting stuff over the years has been done with a phone light lol.

skappascrap

Herp is for the derp.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 VY SV8
All phone LED lights are garbage for light painting.
Get one of these beauties from Bunnings for around $60, a photographer I know uses it for light painting when he does shoots.
85ca4986-af44-45ad-ba7f-ddd259ab7e64.png

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
You're not wrong - everytime i drop back from 6th i seem to hit 5th instead of 3rd lol. When I moved my brothers car his shifter felt so much better.

As for the phone torch - my phone torch is shithouse lol

Yeah man everytime I get into the tonner the shifter is loose and sloppy , get into the ss and its tighter then a nuns snatch lol

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
So I have good new and bad news?

Car is currently still at Casey Automotive, but as they were doing the extractors 2 studs were snapped and had to be easy-out..

But the good news is while it was apart they had a look into the engine and noticed the valley plate change etc. He called me to let me know that the car doesn't have DOD and it has been taken out in the past. He stated if it had the DOD lifters in with this plate it would lose oil pressure etc.

So seems like good news for future for the camshaft world, but makes me wonder why it has been changed..

FlatOut 710

Yeah nah mate
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Commodore S Pac
It's kinda like a blessing in disguise if ya think about it, should sound pretty mint once everything's said and done :)

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
So I have good new and bad news?

Car is currently still at Casey Automotive, but as they were doing the extractors 2 studs were snapped and had to be easy-out..

But the good news is while it was apart they had a look into the engine and noticed the valley plate change etc. He called me to let me know that the car doesn't have DOD and it has been taken out in the past. He stated if it had the DOD lifters in with this plate it would lose oil pressure etc.

So seems like good news for future for the camshaft world, but makes me wonder why it has been changed..

happens all the time with the snapped studs lol,

Weird they went to the effort to remove the DOD gear but didnt upgrade the cam or anything . Since you pretty much have the engine stripped down

Are you sure the guy is right ? there are a few valley plates , and the pre ve used a weird valley plate different to the DOD Ve one from memory

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
happens all the time with the snapped studs lol,

Weird they went to the effort to remove the DOD gear but didnt upgrade the cam or anything . Since you pretty much have the engine stripped down

Are you sure the guy is right ? there are a few valley plates , and the pre ve used a weird valley plate different to the DOD Ve one from memory

Yeah only thing I can think of is that it was done under warranty or something. I've seen a case on JC where someone had theirs removed as they kept arguing the lifter 'tick'.

Well look, i honestly don't know he didn't go into huge detail, but the build engines all the time, they have a few drag cars etc.. I'd understand if he was trying to sell me something, but he just gave me a call to let know to save buying the kit in the future. He was pretty adamant it was correct, it was one of his mechanics that noticed it when working on it and he double checked it.

I'll ask him to tell me how he figured it out when I pick it up tomorrow to get more information as i'm very curious. If he's right though i'm pretty happy, if not it's no loss right now anyway.