Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Brand new car just purchased: 2006 SV6 VE

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Mitsubishi Magna
1992 silver Tr - 1st car
2000 TJ executive - previous car

Should've got a Commodore after my 1st car :(

Don't know about getting a Commodore as your first car.

There's a Magna street stock in S.A that's whipping VE and VF Commodores..... :)

Welcome:)

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Don't know about getting a Commodore as your first car.

There's a Magna street stock in S.A that's whipping VE and VF Commodores..... :)

Welcome:)
Doesn't have a Magna engine? :p

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Doesn't have a Magna engine? :p

Might have a Pajero Engine.... :)

Surprisingly enough, there is a V6 sprint car series running these V6 Mitsubishi Engines....Not that I'd trust them, but that's annother story

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
I'll be making sure that I do unlike my previous cars plus I will need it's for the warranty for the car I've got 12-month warranty on the car so definitely need to get it serviced as you have just said.
You should also service the transmission every 40-60,000km...
^^^ This. Get the transmission serviced now if you have no proof it’s been done recently (no seriously, do it now). The 5L40E transmission fitted to the early SV6s were the weakest transmission fitted to any of the VZ/VE/VF Commodores.

They do last a decent amount of time (the one in my SV6 lasted about 340,000kms) but once you’re transmission goes kaput on an SV6 the car is only good for the wreckers as..

A) You won’t find a secondhand one because they were only fitted to VZ and early VE SV6s (rare as hens teeth).

B) The rebuild cost is about $6-8k and there’s no guarantee that it will last as others on this forum have paid huge amounts for a rebuild and ended back at square one in a year or twos time.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Might have a Pajero Engine.... :)

Surprisingly enough, there is a V6 sprint car series running these V6 Mitsubishi Engines....Not that I'd trust them, but that's annother story
The V6 Mitsubishi engines weren’t a bad bit of kit. Very smooth and quiet with boatloads of torque (had a Mitsubishi 380 once). The only disadvantage is it has a timing belt.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The V6 Mitsubishi engines weren’t a bad bit of kit. Very smooth and quiet with boatloads of torque (had a Mitsubishi 380 once). The only disadvantage is it has a timing belt.
Except the blocks cast here, that were porous.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
So 16 out of 18 teams?

Nah , ( that was a play full dig ),I'm like any other fan = have the team I follow which is the Sydney Swans , have followed them since South Melbourne moved to and became said Swans .