Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Torana Rebuild

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Updates? Nearing Feb.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
Haha, you must have read my mind Mat, I was just about to do a little update.

Well, It's certainly been progressing. All the outsides of the panels (apart from the tailgate, which I have to finish) have been primed once and blocked back to make sure they're straight and that I havn't missed any bits, then primed again inside and out. So the panels are ready for final block back and paint. The engine bay is all rubbed back and ready to paint, that had come up really nice and should look beautiful with some paint on it.

Now to the shell. The repairs and filler work is all done, and I put it in polyester on Sunday. I only polyestered the 1/4's, beaver and roof skin, so none of the shuts have been polyestered, they will just be primed. I started blocking back the 1/4 panels last night and it's coming up nice but there is just a few little bits I'm not happy with so I might re poly the 1/4's just to make sure they're nice. I figure another day of polyestering and blocking will be worth it in the long run. I know I have a deadline looming, but I'm not going to cut corners just to get it there. I'd certainly love it to be at the wedding, but I'd rather it not be there than be there with me not being happy with it.

To be honest, all I want for the wedding is it painted, the body assembled and the driveline in it. I couldn't care less about the interior, it only really needs to look finished from the outside for photos. If it has 2 seats in it, that'll be good enough haha.

The only thing I really havn't settled is still the colour of the motor, I just can't decide, it's giving me the shits. The Salisbury diff will be going back in for the wedding as I really won't have the time or funds to build the 9". So, that'll put paid to any smoky shenanigans, but that's fine because the motor will be new, so I won't be beating up on it anyway.

So, that's about it at the moment. I have been taking photos, but I really can't be bothered uploading them right now.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The only thing I really havn't settled is still the colour of the motor, I just can't decide, it's giving me the shits.

I snapped these at Cars and Coffee the other week. My photo skills probably don't give it complete justice but it looked pretty good in the flesh.

DSCN4835_zpsb4ebd250.jpg

DSCN4836_zps3fa59375.jpg

Would look good in your green bay and work well with the black bonnet.

I have been taking photos, but I really can't be bothered uploading them right now.

Waiting with anticipation for these.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hmm, black hey? I don't know about all black engines. I think you need to break it up a bit otherwise everything on the motor just gets lost in a sea of black. I do like the odd all black motor, but for me they need to be mega tough to pull it off (blower and injector hat) and they need to be satin black, not gloss. However, mine could work black, because it has a fair bit of silver/alloy to break it up. Then I still have that niggling little voice in the back of my head saying 'paint it chev Orange, you know you want to'. I'll work it out.

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
So, pic dump.

So that's the weekends efforts. There is plenty more pics to come from the last 2 days as I'm on holidays all this week. The pics do the colour of the engine bay and the paint work itself no justice, it looks killer in person. Things are definately progressing. Stay tuned, more to come.