Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Why dont you practice the settings and see how it turns out. When your confidant with it give the car a spray.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Yeah once I get the paint, it'l just be a matter of having a bit of a fiddle...

It's more than likely going to be the standard blue for all of you guys playing at home...

OK, gone through and changed over all of the pics, so now they all should be working, just all the quotes are ****ed up... I'll see if I can get a mod to edit the posts or something?! :/

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well, thanks to a great mod, the quote pics are all fixed up and in order :D

Just a bit of an update, bit the bullet and finally got some more bushes for the front end, as my girlfriend got her liscense yesterday so she will be driving the car a bit, and I don't want it swerving all over the road with her behind the wheel!! :p

Got heavy duty pedders jobbies - strut top mounts/bearings, lower inner control arm bushes, rear 'Z' bar/radius rod bushes, (already done the fronts) sway bar 'D' bushes, heavy duty link pins and lower control arm ball joints. Got the strut tops in, just need to press the rest in tomorrow, and pick up the ball joints. Then it will have all new bushes in the front end. All thats left is the rack if it still does its anoying 'pull' half way through a turn - which hopefully it doesn't :thumbsup:

Didn't get any pics from today, but will probly take a few tomorrow :)

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
hmmmmmmm .... shaved VH thread, shaved VY thread, do I sense a shaved G/F thread about to start :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2:

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
lmfao... She looked over when I burst out laughing for no apparent reason, with me doing the shifty eyes, so she didn't get suss :p
I think that thread would violate a few of the site rules, otherwise I could add that to my sig aswell.. :D

Well, today was interesting, picked up the 'ordered in' lower ball joints from ** coughs - Ripoff ** ahh I mean Repco, with the quote in mind, $76, as it turns out it was $76 each, not for the pair... With me picking my jaw up off the counter, I managed to get them for $55 each, a good 'trade' discount, (apparently cost price - pfft)

And, although it goes against everything I believe, I'm about to give Pedders at West Gosford a good wrap. The older sales assistant (Craig, I think) got the lower bushes and ball joints pressed in for me, for free!! (And he was actually giving me advice, not pushing me to buy every bush they sell, including the kitchen sink. Like they usually do). Got all the bushes at a good discounted price yesterday, too good according to the younger sales rep there today :p

So with all the bushes in, tight as a mofo, the front end feels like it should - brand new!! Looks like the racks fine, so thats another plus!

Didn't get any photo's cause I was all wet and grubby, as it was raining. Even managed to gerni underneath the wheel arches, and threw my old discs on because the slotted's were a bit warped. Brakes don't feel as 'grabby' so will evenually get some new ones.

Project_HR

Budget Buster
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL V6 Turbo'd Sedan, Turbo'd V6 Altered
Out there working in the rain eh? I'm so proud of you, well done lad !!

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
lol, each time I read our discussion on this thread I laugh, but seriously now...delft blue...kinda boring, IMO probly one of the blandest and most uninteresting colours holden's put out, maybe a lighter sexier blue? or go the complete other way n go a crazy ass fluro pink colour haha, n then u can primer your girlfriend for that shaved G/F plan later on haha

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
lol, each time I read our discussion on this thread I laugh, but seriously now...delft blue...kinda boring, IMO probly one of the blandest and most uninteresting colours holden's put out, maybe a lighter sexier blue? or go the complete other way n go a crazy ass fluro pink colour haha, n then u can primer your girlfriend for that shaved G/F plan later on haha

lol, I know , I re-read my thread not long ago and got a giggle out of it :p
AHHH now you've gone and done it... I had pretty much 'bottled up' (and stored) any feelings I had for a colour change, but now hearing you say this makes them all come flying back to me. Ohh the possibilities.. :D
Not sure about the blandest colour, I saw a nice shiney one the other day and was like "yehh, its not too bad" But it definately could be better.
Thats the reasoning I had behind the VE Blue, being a bit brighter it will make it 'pop' that bit more... Or, even the VE charcoal-y black with a big flake in it looks nice in the sunlight...

You just like stirring me up hey :p Was all decided, "just go with delft blue... it will be nice when its done.." etc, and now back to square one.... :/
:D:D:D:p

yeah i reckon a similar shade to that guys resprayed calais

:hmmm: That guy, is that the guy thats friends with this other guy, that chicks brother, the one from the other day, down the road in that car, his calais??!!!

:rofl2:
Which guy? :embarrass:

Is he a huge guy??