Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My VY Acclaim SerII

VKCOMMO

Carpark Mechanic.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP V6 T5, '77 BMW 320i e21, and a pair of Nike Air
Bugger... those windmills are 10km from my place.. that road that they are on would be great for a tarmac rally like targa IMO. what do you think?

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
lookin good mate lol, and now that ive seen more of your car in primer only it has convinced me even more than earlier that I want to see it complete in primer only lol...doooooo ittt!!...or ill get a great big huge guy to stomp on you "oh great so we got a huge guy theory over here" yeah...a huge guy....you know lol

Hopefully one day you will get your wish - to see it all in primer.. lol, might all happen rather quickly when it does though.
lmao at the huge guy theory, :D
Still haven't seen number 2 yet, all the family has, but I have resisted!

Bugger... those windmills are 10km from my place.. that road that they are on would be great for a tarmac rally like targa IMO. what do you think?

Damm, lol we drove all around there on the first night down there :/
We didn't drive along that road but, just upto the windmills then turned around back out to the main road going to oberon.
But from that little bit we drove on, yeah it was all tight and twisty, could definately have some fun throwing a car through some of the corners ;)

matt_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing yet
hey so is this thing ever going to be painted or is the poor thing going to be a primer mobile all its life

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
lmao... Hopefully it will see some paint before it finds itself in a scrap yard, or where ever 'car heaven' is... :p

Unfortunately, it doesn't look to good for now, just deciding whether to 'have a go' myself and see how it turns out, (I've got acrylic paint to come up alright, but not real experienced with 2pack painting) Or to see the husband of one of Mums work friends, he's a panel beater/spraypainter. The latter option would yeild better results, but at a higher cost...

Dad rekons just paint it myslef, he has soo much confidence in me, where as I'm more of a 'realist' when it comes to my skill level in spray painting :rofl2:

And can't decide on a colour, lol. Its looking like the standard blue again, but i don't want it to 'blend in' with the other cars on the road too much... (although, I don't want it to stand out as much as fluro yellow either..)

Delish-VY

Banned
Reaction score
Originally - Eastern Suburbs - Melbourne, Currentl
Members Ride
2003 VY S pack
is this really being discussed still?, i do believe it was agreed that it will be the ultimate primer mobile as result of a huge guy theory...n we dont want it to come to that, i think it'd look awesome lol...then maybe just black GT stripes down it haha...primered and black GT stripes would look so amazingly one of a kind...im in love with my own mind for coming up with something so genius

matt_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing yet
Comon man there is no possible way it will ever blend in again. Its got no door handles for gods sake!

I say go the standard colour again. Then like the vibe you give out to people is " Ive got a cool car but im not trying to show off or anything". If you go something crazy people will be thinkin like "What a retard we already know he dont have door handles he doesnt need that stupid paint to tell us"

Bu dont let that influence your decision

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
is this really being discussed still?, i do believe it was agreed that it will be the ultimate primer mobile as result of a huge guy theory...n we dont want it to come to that, i think it'd look awesome lol...then maybe just black GT stripes down it haha...primered and black GT stripes would look so amazingly one of a kind...im in love with my own mind for coming up with something so genius

Hahahaa.. :hmmm: Never really been a fan of the GT Stripes down later model cars, but i think with the black speckeld effect in the primer it could match in quite nicely! And not the new style stripes, old school all the way ;) lol
Still on that big guy theory? Wheres my bagel and coffee??!! (that was it yeah? or something similar? :))

Comon man there is no possible way it will ever blend in again. Its got no door handles for gods sake!

I say go the standard colour again. Then like the vibe you give out to people is " Ive got a cool car but im not trying to show off or anything". If you go something crazy people will be thinkin like "What a retard we already know he dont have door handles he doesnt need that stupid paint to tell us"

Bu dont let that influence your decision

Haha, believe it or not, I've had a few people ask me if it was accident damage I have been repairing.... :bang: Not even noticing the lack of door handles... One of which followed up with the question, "so why did you do that?" :banstick: (referring to removing the doorhandles)

Nice analogy of the paint colours too :D
By how you put it, the standard colour would fit in better with the final outcome of how I want it to come accross.

Cheers for the opinions guys! Its all going into the lucky dip bin, then one will eventually be drawn out... :smoking:

matt_06

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing yet
LOL at people asking if youre repairing it!

Nah but all Honesty, Go the Standard Colour!

Or any colour to be honest.

But please, Don't go 2 tone!

btw i love your rims!

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Ive looked at a few pictures on this and im amazed. What do you actually do as a living? Cause you seem quiet good at your spraying skills and welding.

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha! Thanks Wombles :)
All the photo's got screwed up, I'm slowly going through them all - reloading them, might do a few more now you mentioned it.

I'm a qualified Plant Mechanic... ;)
Part of the apprenticeship was a basic welding course, so, that and being eager to learn/try anything has helped a lot. (Although welding thin doorskins is not as easy as 1/4" plate)

The painting side of things just sort of picked up, would be nice to have someone that knows what they're doing to be able to turn to whenever I needed. Mainly just researching on the net, got lotsa answers from a painter on here (J/C) and asking around a few of the guys I used to work with has gotten me this far. My main concern now is the gun settings for when I do the colour/clear. I want to go with 2pack paint for its durability, but am used to painting Acrylic. :/

Seriously getting sick of seeing the VY in primer. Tossing up between getting help off a panelbeater we know/using the booth, or just putting up my sisters "portable garage" and having a go in the drive. I'm sure the first option would end up in a better finish.

Just going to paint it like it is, block it down and go for it. The primer has been out in the rain for "too long" but as long as this paint job lasts 1-2 years til I get some coin behind me, thats all I want. Then the modifications will get serious :devil: