Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New hand signals

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
But if he is any speedzone below 80 he doesnt need to be in the left lane, keep left unless overtaking is for speed zones 80 or above :)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
well i guess there are freeways with 80 restrictions. must be one of them.

although i have read where it applies to other situations. can't remember the particulars so i wont push the point!

S Pack

Topped out @ 230kph
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mercedes E-Class 2007, E220 CDI Wagon
hey mate, you must be having a hard time getting used to our freeways. i hear over there people don't actually travel in the entry lane (causing you to either have to enter at 70 km/h or 110km/h)

You would actually be surprised how many drivers from other countries in europe are driving their cars in other countries. Also you can tell their individual driving styles. Netherlands usually have campervans....hehehe. But to the point in europe most countries have 110-130kph speed limits merging on the high way.
In Germany the merge lane is a few hundred metres long and you gotta time your run from 70kph to 130kph to merge then nail it cos most cars are coming up at 150+kph on you.
He's probably loving not being sped past most the time though. Much safer driving in australia but bigger wankers on the roads. I have yet to find a typical "hoon" in europe....i dont even see many skiddies around.

Anyways theres my input.

by the way this has gone off topic from the question of hand signals..........high 5's, im sure we all know that one

DANS_S4

DANS S4
Reaction score
Website
www.toptiara.com
Members Ride
AUDI S4!
sounds like you need to spend more time in the left hand lane... considering most of the issues you mentioned occur when you are in the right hand lane.
keep left unless overtaking. if someone can (and is dumb enough) to take you on the left then is it safe to assume you aren't overtaking?

maybe ive read something wrong but thats the image i get..

No if you read the bit on the freeway, I was behind other vehicles. If I have to wait for idiots to pull over so I can get passed, then so be it. When I get passed stuff, I ALWAYS pull over to the left lane. Its against the highway code in the UK on ANY road to drive in the right lane when the left is free when there is more than one lane. Being fined for being an idiot and driving in the wrong lane soon changes those habits trust me. Hope they start doing it here.
If you read the other one, I was in the right lane because I was going to turn right a little further up the road. I was doing 80 in an 80 zone, some moron overtakes me on the inside (obviously speeding to do so), pulls over in front of me, then deliberately slows down to below the speed limit forcing me to slow down too, so I overtook him then he and his mate start gesturing at me as they passed me when I stopped to turn off.

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
Melbourne is good compared to other states, try driving round brissy, those people have never heard about "merging"
tell me about it, on a daily basis i will be up someons arse with the horn on because there trying to merge onto a 90km/h freeway at 60km/h seriously happens every morning, im just glad it's two lanes and can usually tear across into the right and pass em before they've even hit their indicator.

btw 1 thing i do like about brissy though is almost every one will sit about 10km/h over the limit.:bow:

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
No if you read the bit on the freeway, I was behind other vehicles. If I have to wait for idiots to pull over so I can get passed, then so be it. When I get passed stuff, I ALWAYS pull over to the left lane. Its against the highway code in the UK on ANY road to drive in the right lane when the left is free when there is more than one lane. Being fined for being an idiot and driving in the wrong lane soon changes those habits trust me. Hope they start doing it here.
If you read the other one, I was in the right lane because I was going to turn right a little further up the road. I was doing 80 in an 80 zone, some moron overtakes me on the inside (obviously speeding to do so), pulls over in front of me, then deliberately slows down to below the speed limit forcing me to slow down too, so I overtook him then he and his mate start gesturing at me as they passed me when I stopped to turn off.

i love the old "if you read it..."
yes i read it, i guess i was unclear on what happened. i've never had people randomly get up me for something ive done on the road so bit hard to follow.
i stay out of the way.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
may i sugest the following

ignore the road rule hand book, they aer stupid, never drive to the rules. i mean there are the usaul rules you need to follow, give way to the right, stop at stop signs things like that. but if they local authority on roads; had their way and if we all drove by the hand book we would never leave the drive way. drive to the occasion, drive to suite the situation you are in.

may i also sugest a helmet and some paitents.... no good complaining, we all complain about the driving over here, and we are all from here.

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
But if he is any speedzone below 80 he doesnt need to be in the left lane, keep left unless overtaking is for speed zones 80 or above :)

Yeh true but theres such thing as being curtious(Scuse spelling), it ****s me off when granny sits in the outside lane going 50km/h in a 70km/h zone and if I overtake on the inside il get done (by the way it is illegal AT ALL TIMES to overtake on the inside lane)

People need to be a bit "kinder" to people on the roads.....