Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Nick’s Red VZ SS, Manual, Red Leather

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLACK VY SS :)
what springs are in it? It looks tidy but the alloys defiantly suit it better :) i want the SSZ wheels lol.

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
What ever camera you used for those last photos, it's waaayyy better than the other camera lol. Looks sexy as, but stay with silver in my opinion!

I know! I used my girlfriends Samsung this time, much better than my scratched Iphone! haha

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
what springs are in it? It looks tidy but the alloys defiantly suit it better :) i want the SSZ wheels lol.

Fronts springs are Pedders 2275 and Rears are Pedders 2643, equivalent to super lows I’d say.
I will put the SSZ's on, just need to fix them up a bit and respray them, they are pretty rough at the moment, but I’ll keep them silver.

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Best way to fix them, I've done lots of wheels. Is get a lil kit from bunnings its a piece you slide into your drill you get like a piece of sand paper thats a circle slide it over and do it up so it expends and hold it tight. I use a hammer drill and just go around it gently with the roughest paper circle it comes with to get the bulk then go around with the lightest circle that it comes with. you just slide them on the same drill piece each time

Costs about $30 and comes with Wire wheels for a drill too!

Then i use wet sand paper to go over where you take the scratches of and just sand them down smooth. or good as. I used auto All primer on the face, then Ended up using Silver wheel paint mine came up good. I wouldn't recommend using clear coat though :(

Only down fall with getting them painted with clear from a panel beater, is it flakes off :( and most of the time you get run marks. at least if you do a coat and don't like it because of run marks just have a thin Wet sand paper to go over it before the next coat. Mine aren't perfect but a shiat load Better than what they were.

how mine looked

this is after taking the main scratches out, and about to wet sand it and make all of it smooth.

this is how they can turn out :) Not perfect but its alot better :)

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Before

After, Wish i kept them I love them wheels but they were only there for my burnout car that i sold :(

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Cheers, thanks for the tips. Yours turned out really nice! What kind of silver paint did you use? I have Dupli colour silver wheel coating that I painted my stockies with, it has a nice metallic flake in it.

Last edited:

HAZZA-VN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Mines not a metallic silver, because I wanted to keep them very similar colour to the factory Silver colour that holden came out with. I'll have a look tonight and let you know what brand it is. But its one you buy from autobarn Makes a massive difference priming it properly. I always prime them so i can see anything wrong with them i can smooth out before i put the paint on. Usually takes about 4 or 5 really light coats. Caking it on turns to **** on massive spoked wheels. :(

Mate44

Reaction score
Members Ride
SS
Cheers. The SSZ wheels look like a slightly lighter silver than the standard SS wheels I have.