Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P platers doing 90

P and L platers. speed limit or not?

• P and L platers can go the posted speed limit

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • P platers can go speed limit but L platers stick to 80 or 90

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Its good how it is

Votes: 30 31.9%

• Total voters

wes_v8

WES_VN
Reaction score
Website
streetrides.20.forumer.com
Members Ride
04 Vz Sv6 6 speed
It makes it hard to say you've actually overtaken someone if you're limited to 90 on red p's...

No one I know has gone 90 on a freeway, so deal with it coppers....

haha, we were on the wkend on the SC XMAS CRUISE, waiting for others to catch up, goin 80km/h but after they caught back to 110

CraigL304

Crossed to The Dark Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6 Turbo A4
vn2nv mate in victoria there is no roads to my knowledge that go over 100 our limits are 100 so technically i am not in their way. either way if rules come in saying i must do 80 or 90 or anything under the posted speed limit well i guess the cops can fine me for litering as well because i am throwing my p plates out the window and doing the posted speed limit instead

Mate there are plenty of highways/freeways in victoria that are posted at 110.

IMO P platers should be able to do the posted limit cos I hate being stuck behind someone doin 10 or 20 k's under, but I live in Vic so I should probably be used to this by now:yeah:

There is a saying that goes "Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars" and i cant agree more. If you are scared of driving at any speed then you probably shouldn't be driving at all, so prehaps that should be part of the driving test in all states. Basically if you're not prepared to drive at the speed limit (its not like they are reasonable limits to begin with, and should be raised across the board to match the capabilities of more modern cars) then you shouldn't be given a license in the first place.