Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P platers doing 90

P and L platers. speed limit or not?

• P and L platers can go the posted speed limit

Votes: 40 42.6%
  • P platers can go speed limit but L platers stick to 80 or 90

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • Its good how it is

Votes: 30 31.9%

• Total voters

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Im a P plater from canberra and can do whatever the speed limit is but i go for drives down the cost a lot and in NSW i always get stuck behind L platers and P plater doing 90. I think this is more dangeous because the trip to the coast is mainly single road so i have to make overtakes on the wrong side of the road all the time to get around them. Some people i talk to say P platers should be able to do the speed limit but L platers only 80 or 90, but i also think this is more dangeous because when they get there Ps they wont have any experiance driving over 90. It was part of my driving test to drive in a 100 zone.

Whos argrees P platers should be able to do the speed limit. Or thinks its ok how it is.

And also Which other states other then ACT, is it ok for P platers to do over 90?

CarlySS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS / VN S
i think Learners should have to start like there 1st year under the speed limit untill there used of the road then be able to do the speed limit, and think p platers should be able to drive speed limit "i do"
otherwise there is gunna be more accidents because p platers arent going to no how to drive as you say above 90

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Yeah. and another thing i forgot to mention is that if i was doing 90 in a 100 zone and holding up heaps of traffic, i would start to feel a bit scared, especially on my L's because some drivers are pretty impatiant. I even get abused for doing the speed limit sometimes, when other drivers want to be doing 120 and im only doing 100 and im holding them back.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
In South Australia, P platers are only allowed to do 100km/h and L platers are limited to 80km/h.

If you are on your L's and limited to 80km/h you shouldnt be in a 110 or 100 zone. You should learn how to drive, how a car reacts at normal speeds and get some experience before driving at higher speeds like that, especially in older cars.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
alot of my friends(p platers) i know do 110 on the highway, you pass a cop at 110 and they just keep driving the other way...i dunno wether its just cos im from the country but cops dont enforce that law like they should, so people just dont do their speed limit cos they can get away with it

qwertsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina
Im restriced to 90kmph, tho i ignore it and every other p plater i know ignore's that aswell. If im in a 100 or 110kmph zone im not going to do 90kmph.
alot of my friends(p platers) i know do 110 on the highway, you pass a cop at 110 and they just keep driving the other way...i dunno wether its just cos im from the country but cops dont enforce that law like they should, so people just dont do their speed limit cos they can get away with it

I have passed cop's on the other side of the road doing 120kmph+. There's not much they can do when the lane's are split by the barrier's...

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i was doing 95-100 on 110 roads... ah well.... coppas came zooming up behind me... twice... when i was on 100, nothing...

i heard P platers automatic licence suspension if over 100kms?

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
It makes it hard to say you've actually overtaken someone if you're limited to 90 on red p's...

No one I know has gone 90 on a freeway, so deal with it coppers....

redcedar

workaholic
Reaction score
Members Ride
Alto Grey MY12 SS
How many P Platers have to die on our roads thinking that they are bulletproof ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

MikesVT

M&M =D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing :'(
Should be EVERYONE on the road going the posted speed limit...
Having all these cars going 20-30lms under the limit... Dangerous much?