Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please please help - dash not working

Jamie73

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve gts
Did anyone resolve their cluster problems cause my Ve gts has done the same thing after changing the battery

squirter

Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6.0 VZ SS UTE 5.7
Did anyone resolve their cluster problems cause my Ve gts has done the same thing after changing the battery
Jamie73, did you sort your problem. I just put a new battery in my 06 WM Caprice and have lost my guages and steering wheel controls.
If sorted, how did you do it?

Jamie73

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 Ve gts
Jamie73, did you sort your problem. I just put a new battery in my 06 WM Caprice and have lost my guages and steering wheel controls.
If sorted, how did you do it?
I had to get a new cluster Holden wanted $1,200 but I found a place in VIC called Ls extreme $420 programmed to my car with correct klms an vin they are so good An have heaps of different upgrades for our cars An the service is excellent

squirter

Reaction score
Members Ride
I had to get a new cluster Holden wanted $1,200 but I found a place in VIC called Ls extreme $420 programmed to my car with correct klms an vin they are so good An have heaps of different upgrades for our cars An the service is excellent

Going back to dealer Thursday. Only bought the car in January (used). I changed the battery as the one in it was too small. Turns out they had replaced the battery when they replaced the amp just before we took delivery. They noted on their system that after hooking up new battery they had to do a dash reset. Anyway, they have said to bring the battery back that they put in, they will reimburse me for the battery I put in and do a dash reset as well. So hopefully Thursday, everything will be back to normal. I have actually been very impressed with the dealer through the whole purchase and now this. Hats off to Steinborners in Gawler SA. Will update Thursday after job done.

squirter

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did the LS mob say what causes it? You would think the fuses would protect the cluster.

bushy Snr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore wagon
Hope this might help a few people out. A few days ago my VE wagon lost all digital displays, radio ,air con and remote opening control.
After reading some of the stories here I was starting to worry this may be something major.
Checked front and rear fuse boxes and found no power to the rear fuse box marked number F5 (INST/DISP/RFA/DLC)
While checking connectors near the battery grabbed blue connector to the right of, and behind battery , and even though it was together
as I squeezed it together to check , it clicked ,and Hey presto! all power back , digital cluster , radio and every thing back to normal
I guess it must have just vibrated slightly apart over time
Hope this helps some one , it certainly made my day.