Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE SV6 2009 Commodore Gremlins. Please help

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
Anthony,
After spending almost $900 now on a similar issue had five days no MIL or engine warning check lead me to fuel cap and lo and behold bingo all purfect.
Today I drove to Bankstown for doctors appointment then coming home I heard this chime and was asking the Holden mechanic why does my battery have a big blue compacitor on it and mechanic said it's fine last week however today error indicate a poor battery or alternator issue ? I also asked what about O2 Sensor.

His reply was look take it to another auto electrician and have it scanned so it's being done at 9.00am tomorrow and I will definitely give you this outcome as he reckons a bad or failing battery can cause all sorts of sensors to go off including the ECU IM LOST WITH THIS it's an anniversary edition in excellent condition a Holden Sutton Arncliffe New Car managers vehicle been serviced every time it needed it had new timing chains belts sensors EVAP,All things needed to be done had been when I purchased this calais so I'm again Cleared the ECU Memory and errors cleared Service X contact Dealer then today Stability Control which after oil pressure switch replaced on 27/1/2024 cleared MIL now I cleared this by removing petrol cap did the key on and off 4 times I then put petrol cap back into it then cleared holding trip button turning key on then held down enter key four to five seconds this cleared all issues and car is back into Manual /AUTO Mode and drives very fast NOTHING STOPPING IT.

I still feel this problem is either alternator or battery all help appreciated and will one day help others

good luck to all
VE owners with this bug as I feel sometimes this car has either no charging from alternator or battery is failing I have owned it three years not one issue until my car got hammered by rain and it's been going on three to four weeks HELP PLEASE $$$$View attachment 263668
Best of luck. My issue was a dead ECU. Happened without warning when I started the car one day.
$1800 later…

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yep, I agree with Fu that a skilled technician is needed to perform a correct diagnosis to have any hope in finding the root cause of any difficult fault. Sadly the problem is that most dealers CBF doing their job correctly as they find costly oil changes and using parts canon yield a more profitable results for them :( And i'm sure dealers would love you to periodically buy a new vehicles from them, the shortert the buy frequency (churn), the happier they are. You keeping a car long term is just not in the dealers interest :mad:

The following "south main auto" video highlights how bad this can be when dealers quite $1000's rather than diagnosing that an earth strap is the root cause of all the problems. Diagnose Dan also has similar video's and is another great resource ;)

So good luck in finding someone who understands all the control systems within our vehicle and is skilled at diagnosing faults in a methodical data driven process.

Last edited: