Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Reminder to Share the love!

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I agree the whole thing is a farce.
I have 2 of the green boxes under my name but not really sure if it's deserved
Got a few red ones too
Also recently got positive rep,4 likes and an infraction for the same post
Go figure!!!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I'm at a loss a well as to how it works , I think it's a great forum , but don't forget it's at the mercy of the moderator , and that's how it works , for ever , and ever , and ever , and ever , and ever , and ever , AMEN
Which brings me to another conundrum , why is it that , when two members have a bit of a on line tiff , one gets put on the naughty step , but a moderator can abuse the snot out of someone and get about 25 likes out of it ...................., something to ponder .

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
I'm at a loss a well as to how it works , I think it's a great forum , but don't forget it's at the mercy of the moderator , and that's how it works , for ever , and ever , and ever , and ever , and ever , and ever , AMEN
Which brings me to another conundrum , why is it that , when two members have a bit of a on line tiff , one gets put on the naughty step , but a moderator can abuse the snot out of someone and get about 25 likes out of it ...................., something to ponder .

This has been something i have been very mindful of when running my own forums. I consider a major rugby league forum the worst run site i have ever come across. One admin in particular breaks ever forum rule that have been set out in there own rules with the other admins and mods making excuses for him. Still, i left that site due to the woeful running of the place ages ago. Happily i haven't seen many examples of mods abusing there powers here, and at the end of the day they are forum members too and being a mod or admin on a busy site can be a thankless job with some of the personalities you'll find floating around on them.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
This has been something i have been very mindful of when running my own forums. I consider a major rugby league forum the worst run site i have ever come across. One admin in particular breaks ever forum rule that have been set out in there own rules with the other admins and mods making excuses for him. Still, i left that site due to the woeful running of the place ages ago. Happily i haven't seen many examples of mods abusing there powers here, and at the end of the day they are forum members too and being a mod or admin on a busy site can be a thankless job with some of the personalities you'll find floating around on them.

Quite right , MOST moderators on this site are good value , but instead of going home and kicking the cat after a bad day , a small group might find it easier to put the boot in on a forum member

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Quite right , MOST moderators on this site are good value , but instead of going home and kicking the cat after a bad day , a small group might find it easier to put the boot in on a forum member

likewise can be said about some standard members.

if you have a problem with the way some moderators handle things, or if you think theyre ganging up on a particular memeber, you can email an admin (or pm them directly).

if they think theres a problem, they will sort it out with the moderator/s in question.

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
likewise can be said about some standard members.

if you have a problem with the way some moderators handle things, or if you think theyre ganging up on a particular memeber, you can email an admin (or pm them directly).

if they think theres a problem, they will sort it out with the moderator/s in question.

Been there, done that & it got me no where.

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
guess they didnt think what you were concerned about was a problem.

and around and around we go . While I agree that some things aren't worth complaining about , it does occur to me that on forums such as these , the most mild mannered man or woman suddenly becomes 6 foot tall and bullet proof , until they get a infraction or ban , only then they start to complain about moderator abuse as stated I think most moderators here are good , but I'm big enough and ugly enough to be able to ignore the rest , if catch my drift . It kind of makes me laugh it's like hand bags at dawn for the ultimate cat fight.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i like posts cause they are funny witty replies i give rep when someone has helped or offered good info two different systems for 2 different uses

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I personally prefer the like system. It puts the focus on where it should be IMO; the post not the poster. Even helpful people can be assholes. I've had as much neg as positive the funniest thing being the neg rep was over differences of opinion, a mod was never involved (that I know of).

What does Wraith say? Welcome to the Internet where people may have opinions you don't like. Something like that.