Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Roadworthy Checklist

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Does anyone have a roadworthy checklist?

I want to keep my car in such a way that no cop can defect it.. I want to get to the point where I could (but never would) greet the cops with "What's up pigs, wanna look under my bonnet? Have fun searching"..

I've thought a bit about things that cops can defect a stock car for..

Tyre Tread (1.5 mm IIRC)
Windscreen washer fluid
Hand brake clicks (I'm not sure how many clicks are required)

Is there anything else an over eager cop could find?

Rmyers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EA falcon
If they REALLY want to get you (and by the way you plan to greet them they prolly will) they will just lie about it. They will just write down that you had no window washer fluid or that your brake lights were out etc etc. Mates been done for his car being too low despite the fact it was standard height, but they couldn't find anything else so they wrote that down.

Benji

Vote For Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking For A VR - VS Stato V8
yeah i wouldn't mind being able to say that just coz i got pulled over because im in a nice car is any 1 able to get this list
lol bet you might have a few ways ay rat lol

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
a rw list isnt going to tell you what you can and cant get defected for. for example when you get the roadworthy done on your car they say nothing about the likes of blue light screen washers and stuff like that. as long as the washer works you get a rwc no worries, however get caught with them and your defected.
i think you need a list of all the possible defects. huge and hard to find i dare say.

handbrake clicks can vary, the lowest i have heard is 6 clicks so keep around there and youll be right. they can also ping for the seat being back too far or reclined too far it really goes on and on....

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

search it there ... there is the actual LAW on roadworthy vehicles on that site.. and the EXACT guideline ALL mechanics "must" use when assessing a vehicles roadworthineses. so you can follow it yourself and ensure your own vehicles condition. (its got **** like distance a taillight globe must be visible frmo, the percentage performance of a vehicles handbrak, the specified setting of a windscreens light transmission factor shoudl be ... all the pissy little nitty gritty stuff is there.

but do yourself a favour, make a friend of a mechanic wih a testers license like i did ... $75 gets a me roadworthy on any car i need no matter what may be wrong with it ... defections are no longer a hassle - and now i can put any car i want on the raod ... even a FORD lmao

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
s0sage said:
but do yourself a favour, make a friend of a mechanic wih a testers license like i did ... $75 gets a me roadworthy on any car i need no matter what may be wrong with it ... defections are no longer a hassle - and now i can put any car i want on the raod ... even a FORD lmao

And if they get caught doing it they lose their licence.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
s0sage said:
www.vicroads.vic.gov.au

search it there ... there is the actual LAW on roadworthy vehicles on that site.. and the EXACT guideline ALL mechanics "must" use when assessing a vehicles roadworthineses. so you can follow it yourself and ensure your own vehicles condition. (its got **** like distance a taillight globe must be visible frmo, the percentage performance of a vehicles handbrak, the specified setting of a windscreens light transmission factor shoudl be ... all the pissy little nitty gritty stuff is there.

But if you get caught with an unroadworthy vehicle with a current RWC.. The **** would hit the fan and your mate would be covered in it..

I'd imagine they'd probably revoke his license for handing out RWC's which don't mean anything..

But on topic.. I found something on it. It's not a checklist. It's open to interpretation. Like with washer fluid..

It says washer jets must be correctly aimed, nd basically that it "must work effectively"..

Is there not something for specific then that which mechanics have?

here's the victorian link http://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/vrpdf/rdsafe/VSI 26.pdf

Z

ZER0

where did my post go? was it deleated for some reason?

back on topic however the current issue of Street Machine Commodore has an article on being road worthy and defects, not that informative but an interesting read none the less