Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Robin Williams commits suicide! WTF!?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
It's from 5 years ago. He wouldn't even remember he said it when he was in his state of mind. Who knows, I think a lot of suicides are actually just massive cries for help where they have no deep down intention of ending their lives but they go that split second too far. So, accidental if you will.

Well from a family member and a friend who both suicided - it was no cry for help. If plan A didn't get them, plan B made it inevitable. (2 very different circumstances and timing - they did not know each other)

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
A family member of mine tried to kill herself twice. The third time she succeeded. Just so you understand my opinion is also based on experience.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
"If you're that depressed reach out to someone and remember, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems" - Robin Williams.

I'd say that quote is a part of him trying to convince himself that suicide wasn't the way out just as much as anything.

i think you hit the nail on the head mpower and i couldn't agree more.

i attended a funeral many years ago now, it was one of my brothers friends younger brother, he would have been 18-19 when he hung himself. something thats stuck in my mind from that day is when his grandmother talked at the alter.

i cant remember the full story, but she said how she was having a discussion about suicide, and to which he replied 'i would never do that, it only hurts more people' later that night he commited suicide.

i never fully understood why he said that, but i often think, maybe he was trying to convince himself that its not right, but in the end his demons got to him.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
I've been dealing with depression for 18 months. Been on fluoxetine the whole time.

My 2 cents is to be open and ASK for help. You'll be alot better in the end.

'ssv'

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5 M6 UTE
Kiddo - are you ok?

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I've had a few friends commit suicide, some with family and kids.
All of them had issues with drugs and/or alcohol.
I know the one closest to me never even reached out to anyone she just done it one night after drinking her self silly.

In year 9 i had issues myself dealing with depression, i had even made plans to end it but my mother had noticed me fading away, my emotions becoming nil.
She called the school and had me see the student councillor who after a few sessions organised someone (pretty sure she was from kidshelpline) to have a few sessions with me.
well long story short im still here.
I just wish the same lady could of had 1 hour with him before he done it.

If you notice someone down ask them how they're going and show them you care

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I've been dealing with depression for 18 months. Been on fluoxetine the whole time.

My 2 cents is to be open and ASK for help. You'll be alot better in the end.

Kia Kaha mate , I got help for my own depression some years back something too many people , especially men won't do , it gets better.

BOOST666

Classic not plastic
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
'79 VB SL/E 253, VY SS II
Talking about the cry for help and accidental suicides.... A friend of mine from high school did this at the age of 16.
I'll try to keep a long story short.
His mother died when he was born, he grew up being passed between his father and grandparents. In his own words, his father blamed him for his mothers death because if she didn't give birth to him she wouldn't have died, he always felt a coldness and resentment from his father. At the age of 14 his grandparents were killed in a car accident so he was left living with his father, not long after this his father started ramping up the verbal abuse which ended up turning physical.
One day at school he said that when he got home he was going to give his father the shock of his life, he was going to pretend to hang himself, he would be standing on a chair with a rope around his neck as his father walked through the door. We tried to talk him out of it and he said he wouldn't do it, well he did it, and he made the mistake of using the computer chair that had castor wheels... I've always wondered if it was an accident or if he actually intended to go through with it, like his telling us about it was some kind of warning to prepare us for what was about to happen.
Every single time I hear the word "suicide" I think of this poor kid, he had a really shitty life.
Stories like his make me understand why someone would take their own life, even though it's something I could never see myself doing.
I personally don't have a problem with it, it's a very big deal, and if someone is in such immense pain that they wish to take that path who am I to stop them if they will finally be at peace, same goes for terminally ill people. I don't want to glorify suicide, just saying that I get it.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I've had a few friends commit suicide, some with family and kids.

I know the one closest to me never even reached out to anyone she just done it one night after drinking her self silly.

Alcohol is a bitch when it comes to dealing with depession.

I suffer a mild case of Depression and Anxiety is a big issue for me also.. I have found things in life which satisfy my happiness, however I would accept that I have a light case of alcohol addiction. It's very rare that I will have a night AWAY from a beer. Noting that I don't get DRUNK every night, maybe 1-3 stubbies every night.

If I do go heavy on the booze though, it will definitely bring out the depression to big big levels!