Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Some VE commodore pictures

MikeVXSS

!!!GO TIMMY GO!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS 5.7
aperfectcircle said:
:my:

Now thats different.

Would have to see them in real life.
Some real photo's would help.

differants a word for it... ugly is too

SSV8pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV- Manual Redhot
Stato/Ute/Wagon

Further information from a related drive article plus a quote.....

The Stato will appear later this year (as opposed to a few yeasr later) - seen as profitable particularly for overseas sales
"Quote..

Both the VE ute and wagon, meanwhile, are due in late-2007. They were pushed down the queue as they are low-profit vehicles, bought mostly by fleets. It has been rumoured that the VZ-based ute and wagon will get a new nose to help them blend in with the look of the VE sedan but this is yet to be confirmed.

Unquote"

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
mikevxss wrote:

differants a word for it... ugly is too

Well how about you go and buy a f$#king Corolla then. Give the bloody car a chance to be released and you see it for yourselve before you put **** on it.

I bet you will be one of the first to buy one when you get sick of the piston slap in your VX.

buddyforu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VPII Executive
Actually the current Alloytech is 'only' 172kw from the beginning of this year, so the VE will be 27kw more powerful. I really like the new look of VE, the VT-VZ series is getting VERY tired looking after 9 years, and the interior is just plain poxy compared to most newer cars. The VE can't come soon enough!!

Dave398

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute Nickel Silver
Today 11:28 AM
buddyforu wrote:
Actually the current Alloytech is 'only' 172kw from the beginning of this year, so the VE will be 27kw more powerful. I really like the new look of VE, the VT-VZ series is getting VERY tired looking after 9 years, and the interior is just plain poxy compared to most newer cars. The VE can't come soon enough!!

Just had a look and your right, did they down rate them from 175? Im sure thats what they were on the VZ launch.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
If you actually read the whole article (rather than just bagging the pics)... it says these should be better built too. Sourcing from overseas has allowed them to use better components without drastically increasing the price of the car... hopefully the ve begins a new trend of better built vehicles :)

commod8

swim wit da fishes
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive V6 Auto
Just had a look and your right, did they down rate them from 175? Im sure thats what they were on the VZ launch.

the original vz alloytec in the executive, acclaim, blah blah was 175kW, but because of the emission bullshit, holden made a few changes to the VZ Alloytech from 1/1/06, which reduced the power to 172. That's why they dumped the 5.7L GEN III and picked up the 6.0L GEN IV - emission requirements.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Dave398 said:
The VZ executive is currently 175kw so thats a gain of 25kw, its only the calais and the SV6 that are currently 190kw. There are 2 versions of the current Alloytech, with the VE there will only be 1.

Also did you honestly expect a Torana? With the amount of money spent on the commodore GM would have a very short leash on Holden at the moment.

As far as the ute goes I quite like it. Its got the high look in the rear end which I really like about the F#&D utes. :whistling

I certainly did expect a Torana, if Holden thinks they can sell a 2 ton car with a 6 liter V8 that only runs on 100 octane fuel in 2007 they are in for a shock a big fat bankrupt shock just like GM in the states

VT97

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
looks boxy, crap.. redesign it some one! anyone? what should the new commodore look like ppl???