Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger for LLT (SIDI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
How the hell is putting a supercharger on a daily the same as turning it into a pure bred drag car?? You mention two different brake upgrades, two different lowering upgrades, two different turbo setups, rebuild the engine, trans, clutch, two different sets of rims, ripping everything out of the car etc. You make it sound like the hypothetical person isn't going to do the exact same thing to a V8, and probably end up spending more (BIGGER AFTERMARKET)

If anything a supercharged SV6 would be the better daily driver choice. No suprises this had already turned into another V8 vs V6 thread. STFU!!

You're telling me to STFU for no reason, as you've obviously completely missed the point of my post but decided to insult me anyway.
You're an idiot, and I'm not going to dignify your stupidity by wasting any more of my time by responding to it.
:upyours:.

Last edited:

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
I will just be happy to get a little bit more oopmh in my sv6 (what jarp has currently will do nicely) just a little bit more go and fun and retain a bit of economy. If I wanted to I could walk into holden tomorrow and walk out with a brand new ssv and only pay 18k out of my own pocket (loan), with my car as a trade in of 21k and the benefits of my grandfathers gold card from holden as a long service workman and the current job status i have yeah the v8 option would be more plausible in most eyes, but i have decided to keep what i have be out of debt (current loan....nearly there!) and put my money in a more worth while investment... a house.

dmacey

Somebody, make me upset
Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Series II Sedan Manual & a VK in the build
UFO has a point! When you start moding very few things will stop you.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
UFO, your moronic rant had little do to with the topic. IE SIDI SUPERCHARGER not a hypothetical douchelord spending 40k + on car mods. Calling me an idiot yet you wasted 30 minutes writing the stupid post in the first place. So I'll say it again STFU, the 'get a V8' posts are getting tiresome. :banstick:

Back on topic.

Jarp, I'll lend Steve the CAPA S/C bracket off mine and let him see what needs to be done to mod it (if even possible). 300-325rwkw would be nice from a supercharger. Would behave nicely on the street as well. The guy with the kit I have had it on an auto Calais for over a year on 10 psi and the trans held up fine. Dynomotive reckons 12psi+ and you'd need to start strengthening the trans. Good thing about centrifugals is they are linear (ie not instant boost) so much easier on drive train. And around town without boost will behave close to a stocker. Just check with your insurance first, NRMA are only bumping up my insurance by $53 a year which is awesome as opposed to almost 1k extra on an 8.

And yeah fair enough SV666, nothing wrong with keeping your 6 (as opposed to what they tell you on here). Btw my gf lives in South Morang, that place is hoon central lol.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
Thanks for that Kuzman might be very useful. Not sure the CAPA solution is going to work on the SIDI due to this (quote taken from the Camaro S/C developer write up on View topic - RX Super Charger for the LLT!! :: Bowtie V6 - 5th Gen Camaro V6 Tech Forum, 2010 Camaro V6, 2011 Camaro V6, Camaro 3.6l, Camaro llt)

"I suspect they may be experiancing the crankcase issues every other LLT FI system has had (except ours). We have sold I think every STS or other customer our dual valve system to cure their issues with success that have posted on the big site and another is shipping his car here now for us to do the same.

The LLT/LFX crankcase evac system from the factory is barely able to provide proper evac & breathing bone stock, and so with any FI it is a involved solution and looking at the other systems that come in every vendor is going about it all wrong ...causing even more issues"

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Ahh fair enough, keep in mind the Camaro's never had the LY7 (alloytec) so this may have been an issue with the alloytecs as well that CAPA may have rectified. Also there are some slight differences between the commodore SIDI and the Camaro SIDI. May not be an issue with your car? Just some thoughts.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
get a v8 bro
don't bother

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
get a v8 bro
don't bother

He has a whole lifetime to buy a v8 man...

Looks like the v8 owners hit a few nerves when it comes to v6 vs v8 because simply they cannot believe that the sv6 is slowly reaching (from factory) the power of a current ss and from just a simple s/c upgrade for more power.
Its really sad to see "some" people talk Sh!t and ruin nice threads about v6 upgrades on this forum. If you have the decency, just read the thread and not act like little girls that know everything.
We don't vandalize your threads and post Sh!t on them, we expect the same from you guys. If its hard to take into consideration, then you got issues, go see a psychiatrist.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
He has a whole lifetime to buy a v8 man...

Looks like the v8 owners hit a few nerves when it comes to v6 vs v8 because simply they cannot believe that the sv6 is slowly reaching (from factory) the power of a current ss and from just a simple s/c upgrade for more power.
Its really sad to see "some" people talk Sh!t and ruin nice threads about v6 upgrades on this forum. If you have the decency, just read the thread and not act like little girls that know everything.
We don't vandalize your threads and post Sh!t on them, we expect the same from you guys. If its hard to take into consideration, then you got issues, go see a psychiatrist.

Hey mate im pretty sure he was taking the piss lol to the OP they are some soild figures! deff plenty of potiental

Status
Not open for further replies.