Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Supercharger for LLT (SIDI)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
blahblahblah V8 blahblah

Thanks Jarp, probs be the same as your car with cams :p if you ever go that far haha. And SV6, both, dyno it to see if anything is wrong and for more power. Be a good opportunity to revise the tune.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Looks like the v8 owners hit a few nerves when it comes to v6 vs v8 because simply they cannot believe that the sv6 is slowly reaching (from factory) the power of a current ss and from just a simple s/c upgrade for more power.

I dont have a problem with people modifying V6s. Thats great. Youve got a car you like and thats fantastic. Dont start making ridiculously false, outlandish claims about "simple" modifications bringing the performance up to V8 level. Because a simple modification is an exhaust, some headers, a CAI etc. Which will bring your VE V6 up to the level of a 5L with bolt ons - a v8 engine in a car that is 20 years old...maybe, just maybe a stock standard LS1.

A supercharger is not a simple modification. At least its a 6 grand upgrade. Throw half of that money at an LSX engine and you can wave goodbye.

Like I said, I dont have anything against V6 mods, I often enjoy looking at some of the L67 builds around and Ive even thought about buying one to throw in a project. But when you make silly claims, expect people to rear their heads. Its the claims of "My V6 has an exhaust and sounds better than a V8" and claims of supercharging being a "simple modification" that get people bent out of shape because its just not true and never will be true on in any Holden 6 cyl.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
This is all riveting stuff gents :). But if you could spend $6.6k on an Australian produced CAPA Kit to suit the VE (but not SIDI tested - that i know about) with older tech and not including a tune or would you spend your money on the DI proven LLT kit for the Camaro for US$5.6k including V3 Vortech, tune and proven outcomes for the 3.6 LLT? With the obvious risk of greater expenditure in the need to modify to fit the VE. Which way would you go if at all?

sv6 power

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Its the claims of "My V6 has an exhaust and sounds better than a V8"

Who said anything about sounding better than a v8? Pfft...

As I said, for the last time, stop vandalizing v6 threads, you guys just don't know when to stop. Little girls that want to have the last word.
Go chat to people who actually care what you say. PISS off the v6 threads if you don't have anything nice to say

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat

As I said, for the last time, stop vandalizing v6 threads, you guys just don't know when to stop. Little girls that want to have the last word.
Go chat to people who actually care what you say. PISS off the v6 threads if you don't have anything nice to say

Don't wanna can't make me. It's the internet where not every one shares your opinion. Deal with it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
As Wraith says this is a public forum where everyone can share their opinion. If you can't deal with reading an opinion that differs from what you believe without resorting to flinging insults, getting angry and telling people not to post in threads then you need to consider that maybe using forums is not for you.

Having said that, if I want the grunt of a V8, I would buy one, I certainly wouldn't throw money into a V6 trying to imitate one. It's like buying a scooter and trying to get the grunt of a sports bike out of it.

Jarp

Surely You Jest
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV A6 W375
I don't think it is so much immitating. As we are using analogies that would be like a crayfish dressing up as an octopus and we all know that crayfish cannot produce ink not to mention the difference in arms. It's more like giving the scooter something it can be pleased with, a makeover perhaps, remove some of the fairing and make it a naked scooter :)

Looks like I'm not going to get an answer anyway so was reduced to that^.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

You are clearly new here if you havent seen this claim. But it was an example of silly claims that cause these threads to go off the rails.

Be realistic, dont pretend your car is something its not and enjoy it for what it is.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
omgomg v8 mannnnnn sick fast zooom zooom zooom ROROROROAAARRGHGHG YADA blahhh

Yeah cool...

Back to the discussion please guys.

Jarp, I guess till someone with a G8 does a supercharger on a V6 or someone tries fitting the kit to your car I don't see it happening.

Unless Mace or CAPA come out with a kit I think your best bet is to buy the parts you need yourself and give it a go. If I was going to do it all over again, this is the way I would have gone. Hardest part is the bracket. But It doesn't look THAT hard to make. Especially if you can copy the alloytec template.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
it was an example of silly claims that cause these threads to go off the rails.

Another classic: How do I make my V6 sound like a V8?

When you say "buy an 8...." they get all bent out of shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.