Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

SV6 Fuel Economy

SV6er

Mick
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Hey guys. I just drove from grfton to home, about 700k averaged 7.1 per hundred, me girl lives in sydeny and i filled up and drove about 150k around town and here and there and averaged 8.5 so im quite happy. Thats running on 98 in a SV6 manual

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
An update guys: fuel economy is improving dramatically, it must've jsut been because it was garaged for so long, with some city/freeway driving its at 11.9l/100km and i couldn't be happier!

Cheers for all your advice :)

kicker12

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I was driving along the other day to tafe, and it took me a long time to realise that i had my shifter in 4, rather than D...
What i also noticed was that my fuel economy improved (by both the computers stats and the needle too).

Im not sure how it would've continued if i left it in 4 but i stuck it back into drive and watched the fuel economy get a little rose again (as well as the k's left/tank thing)
Is this just a coincidence or is it possible that it can actually save fuel?
The drive to tafe is in pretty heavy stop-start traffic..

Cheers all! This thread is was just about to die out, sorry to bring it up again but i thoght it was pointless starting a new thread.