Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

The Random Thread

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It was only a matter of time before Bunnings moved on motor oil.
Problem in Australia has always been the lack of competition. There used to be a choice for hardware items between Bunnings, Mitre 10 & Masters. The last one disappeared 8 years ago & Mitre is all but finished.
I await for someone like home depot to come into Australia for some actual competition.
They have had a small range of Valvoline oil for around 5 years. Synpower, injector cleaner and a couple of grease pots. Small selection of ATF and brake fluid as well. Now it sounds like things have escalated. I say bring it on because the regulars are trying to charge close to $90 for a 5 litre of the regular synthetic that most of us should be using. That's just highway robbery.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
Most of those loyalty programs are quite ****. The oil they give you a discount on is usually overpriced to begin with & can often be purchased elsewhere (mainly online) for about the same price. All depends on how long you're prepared to wait, I guess. I did however get 2 bottles of injector cleaner from Supercheap for about $18.
Repco has some good sales from time to time
10 years ago that stuff was $2/bottle on special at Christmas from Autobarn. Used to buy 5 or more at a time.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It was only a matter of time before Bunnings moved on motor oil.
Problem in Australia has always been the lack of competition. There used to be a choice for hardware items between Bunnings, Mitre 10 & Masters. The last one disappeared 8 years ago & Mitre is all but finished.
I await for someone like home depot to come into Australia for some actual competition.
Mitre 10 is expanding not going under AFAIK. Do you have some inside info we don't know about? Mitre 10 is cheaper than Bunnings too, is that why they are losing money?

Last edited:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well I think my point has been thoroughly reinforced with the last unintelligible statement from out esteemed member.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Bunnings is selling Nulon 5w30 dexos 1
$38.00 for 5 lts
Must be a single store promotion because I can't see it online?