Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
On that same vein, WTF is "shaving" a door handle

? It's filling it in, not shaving anything off.

I think the term originated in the States during the 1950's when early customisers "shaved" the bodies of excess chrome fittings to give their cars a clean uncluttered look. (ie the "lead sled" look).

Remember that back then few cars had recessed or semi-recessed door handles. Most of them were large chromed items that protruded from the doors a fair bit and ruined the clean look customisers were after.

Reaction score
Members Ride
ya mum!
I think the term originated in the States during the 1950's when early customisers "shaved" the bodies of excess chrome fittings to give their cars a clean uncluttered look. (ie the "lead sled" look).

Remember that back then few cars had recessed or semi-recessed door handles. Most of them were large chromed items that protruded from the doors a fair bit and tuined the clean look customisers were after.

Or in far fewer words... :D

lincoln_capri_2-door_hardtop_door-handle_55.jpg

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Worse is the countless morons in Melbourne who think an indicator means they have right of way. Or they can do anything they bloody well want provided that give an apologetic wave. Like the dumb bitch this morning who pulled right in front of me onto the KEEP CLEAR section of the turning lane I was in and just waved. ARGH!

Not just a Melbourne issue either.

6LSSVE

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 Series II 6 Speed SS Sportswagon
Worse are the owners of XX chromosomes who seem to think the road rules don't apply between the hours of 14:00 - 17:00 within a 20Km radius of a school.
They believe a short skirt gives them right of way.
I T-boned one a while back.
Did she give me a mouthful of abuse much to the approval of the the other mothers!
Blonde bimbo, car full of unrestrained kids, no indicator, on her mobile phone and pulled out in front of me in her SUV at the local school.
I called the police and showed them my dash cam recording of the event.
Clearly visible.
I was lucky to get let off with a warning!
Next time I'll be doing 10 Km/H instead of the legal 40 and wearing a g-string.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
You can't shave a hole. I just don't get the term, so much jargon in different industries too. I guess I'll still say fill not shave. And it's an exhaust, not a zorst. And the one that makes me laugh is Pacekmaker in their marketing "strap a set on", how do you strap a set of extractors on?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
While on terminology, can some please tell when "a" became part of our number system as in "a hundred", "a thousand", "a million" and so on.

Maybe I'm just a pedant but it is standing out more and more to me, especially journalists (what are they teaching them ?)

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Absolutely, it's not "2 a hundreds", just like it's not "a" hundred. It's "one" hundred.

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
pell taking the skase excuse to not come back to Australia :banstick:

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
And "they" fall for it again.

Pell attends video hearing. Nek Minnit video of Pell dancing a jig in the Vatican.