Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Things that p*** you off/bug you/annoy you

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Bloody chinesium!

Changing a old security light to a new modern LED unit. Start putting in a new screw and it bloody snaps off 3/4 of the way in. Fortunately there was a bit sticking out so I could get some vice grips on it.

Changed out the screws for something slightly better quality and I guess I should drill pilot holes in the old wood.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Bloody chinesium!

Changing a old security light to a new modern LED unit. Start putting in a new screw and it bloody snaps off 3/4 of the way in. Fortunately there was a bit sticking out so I could get some vice grips on it.

Changed out the screws for something slightly better quality and I guess I should drill pilot holes in the old wood.

Yep, just about all those screws that come with lights, security cameras, motion sensors, etc. are next to useless for anything harder than soft pine. I usually replace them with better quality screws. But sometimes the device requires a particularly narrow head so it’s hard to find something better that actually fits properly. Predrilling is definitely required if having to use the original screws - and I even pre drill pine as well as the thread on those screws just don’t seem to have the ‘bite’ of a normal screw.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Well it's all fitted and the security light is doing security light things!

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition

OldBomb

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
I swear, AFL attracts the biggest imbeciles.
Driving past Optus stadium last night (Freo Dockers game) & at one of the intersections (with lights, mind you), the lane to turn right is blocked, complete with barriers & witches hats. There's also a mobile sign clearly indicating to drivers 'no right turn' is allowed. Do you think this stops morons trying to turn right from the right lane of a double lane road, thus blocking traffic that's travelling straight? Nope.