Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VC V8 brakes

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
Does it pass a brake test? I don't think ole mates will. Hes wishing he never started his conversion it braked better before we touched it.
According to vic roads all v8 commodores had disk brakes all round.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
Does it pass a brake test? I don't think ole mates will. Hes wishing he never started his conversion it braked better before we touched it.
According to vic roads all commodores had disk brakes all round.
VB-VH SLE and VK Calais use disc brakes. Standard models use a rear drum brake. Ellery's

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
According to vic roads all commodores had disk brakes all round.

Have never done one....S.A only have a roadworthy if the cops order you to do it...

I'll find something in a manual about rear drums for you later on and post....Might help with the dicks at Vic roads and not knowing what they're talking about....

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Will your car lock up the wheels if you jump on the brakes as hard as possible?
I think almost all cars will lock the brakes if you jump on them in a panic braking situation. Fortunately modern cars have ABS that solves that issue. Driving a non ABS car takes a different train of thought as you need to modulate the pedal to ensure you don't lock the brakes where as with ABS cars you are taught to just stand on the brake and let the ABS sort it out.

the_boozer

no more VK
Reaction score
Members Ride
hilux
I think almost all cars will lock the brakes if you jump on them in a panic braking situation
Every car should be able to, the standard factory vc will . I'm into the argument the 1 inch master will never apply enough pressure to operate the brakes properly. Why I asked vc if his could lock the wheels ole mates doesn't .
VC have you ever seen a v8 vc commodore that left the factory with rear drum brakes? I don't believe they were ever built like that.

Last edited: