Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VE commodore paint problem

agsryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
This is a picture of my 2013 black VE SV6 commodore bonnet. It is starting to form the crows feet in the paint. the car has never been in an accident. This shouldnt happen to a four year old car thats been taken care of. Would Holden do anything about it? I am not sure if there is a longer warranty on the paint.
Quite disappointing. Has anyone tried to repair this?

Attachments

• IMG_8185 (002).JPG
    IMG_8185 (002).JPG
    99.6 KB · Views: 265

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
bird poo will do that afaik.

Sean880

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 ser 2 and 911 Porsche Carrera S 997
This is a picture of my 2013 black VE SV6 commodore bonnet. It is starting to form the crows feet in the paint. the car has never been in an accident. This shouldn't happen to a four year old car thats been taken care of. Would Holden do anything about it? I am not sure if there is a longer warranty on the paint.
Quite disappointing. Has anyone tried to repair this?

The car is out of warranty and in any event that problem, which looks to be the beginning of spider webbing on the clear coat , is normally due to poor maintenance of the paint - not a paint fault or paint application fault. What you have there is a bunch of very small scratches. If your paint is properly protected preferably with a professional paint prep and waxing job and is then properly washed and maintained you will not get that problem.

I suggest you go and and see a professional auto paint detailer in MEL as some of these guys (the highly competent ones that is) should be able to correct that for you although it is hard to see how bad it is from the photo you published. I does not look like something a good detailer cannot rectify for you though. In fact you could contact this Sydney detailer, show him what the problem is preferably with a better photo and ask him if he can recommend a detailer in Melbourne to check it out for you. This person does outstanding top class work and probably has a few highly reputable contacts in MEL that could help you out.
http://www.drivencolour.com.au/

agsryd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6 Sportswagon
The car is out of warranty and in any event that problem, which looks to be the beginning of spider webbing on the clear coat , is normally due to poor maintenance of the paint - not a paint fault or paint application fault. What you have there is a bunch of very small scratches. If your paint is properly protected preferably with a professional paint prep and waxing job and is then properly washed and maintained you will not get that problem.

I suggest you go and and see a professional auto paint detailer in MEL as some of these guys (the highly competent ones that is) should be able to correct that for you although it is hard to see how bad it is from the photo you published. I does not look like something a good detailer cannot rectify for you though. In fact you could contact this Sydney detailer, show him what the problem is preferably with a better photo and ask him if he can recommend a detailer in Melbourne to check it out for you. This person does outstanding top class work and probably has a few highly reputable contacts in MEL that could help you out.
http://www.drivencolour.com.au/

I have had he car for 2 years and clean it once a week as i use my car for work and i have a wax job done by a professional every 6 months. That is why I am baffled. i take good care of my car. i was in contact with my local holden dealer and they asked me to come in for a assessment. this happened to the Cruze alot. The service guy there said this could be covered by holden. I am not getting happy ears but it is worth a shot. otherwise i will need to sand it out and respray the area.

chrisk1700

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV G8 WILDFIRE WAGON
as per another reply. thats bird sh1t.

mantaray56

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 Z
very common in cars in Adelaide , due the harsh sun.