Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ve ssv single turbo build

Lorisk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
Evening everyone.
Ive Decided i want some boost. small boost. 6-10psi
so i went and got a gt3582 turbo, and the aeroflow ve exhaust kit ect ect to bolt on.
ive seen alot of youtube videos from people like boost gumps running 700+hp on l98 stock bottoms
so i wasnt going to bother about new pistons and rods for low boost
so in saying that. what sort of head gaskets ect do i need to lower the compression?
or are people running these numbers on stock compression also lol
anyone here have a turbo l98 with some insight on what i need?

ive got most things down to the maffless delete and 5litre sensor..but im stuck with head gaskets

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
go with cosmetic MLX gaskets at the right thickness required after u check PVC as id recommend a camshaft also to help the stock engine survive, 6-10psi is fine on stock bottom end but i doubt u will get the the 700hp without more boost of going to ethanol fuel (or unless ur on a hub dyno) the camshaft helps lower the dynamic compression

Lorisk1

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv
go with cosmetic MLX gaskets at the right thickness required after u check PVC as id recommend a camshaft also to help the stock engine survive, 6-10psi is fine on stock bottom end but i doubt u will get the the 700hp without more boost of going to ethanol fuel (or unless ur on a hub dyno) the camshaft helps lower the dynamic compression
im not looking for much power past 550 hpatw. 700 is just what i seen the sbe handle on youtube.
ive got a cam in there now. currently 427 hpatw.
228/236 @0.050
112lsa.
maybe chase power once i can afford a forged bottom end haha
thanks for the info mate, ill have a look at MLX