Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VF Random chat thread

MaxCommie689

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Calais V
I hated the squeaky little motor scooter horn on my VF so i installed a Steeble Nautilus compact duel air horn 139 db
it needs its own loom and upgraded the relay as it draws more than what is stated .Wakes the stupid c@nts up !

Had the Nautilus in one of my older cars. It was frickin loud - giving some folks a proper scare if they were too close to the car. I had it removed for the fear of getting pulling me over and getting stung for non compliance.

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
The horn chirps with locking/ unlocking can be disabled via MyLink.
Sadly not for series 1 :( we did a thread about this.
It's not the unlocking and locking, but leaving the car (with engine running) with keys on person.

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
That's cool
Wish I could disable the stock horn and just add one of those directly to the car horn button and alarm as im so sick of the horn going off with the keys.
I seldom use the key to lock the door I just use the external door handle button as long as your key is close by so no beep for the win .

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I seldom use the key to lock the door I just use the external door handle button as long as your key is close by so no beep for the win .
Are you saying if you lock the door with the car running and leave with the key fob it doesnt triple beep?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
Are you saying if you lock the door with the car running and leave with the key fob it doesnt triple beep?
I thought the car beeped as soon as the door was shut while engine running.

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
May of mis understood , I was referring to engine off leaving and locking the car .Not sure why you leave the engine running , i hate that when drivers especially diesels just leave the thing running stinking up the place .That's just me .

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
May of mis understood , I was referring to engine off leaving and locking the car .Not sure why you leave the engine running , i hate that when drivers especially diesels just leave the thing running stinking up the place .That's just me .
I'm about 99.4% sure that the owner's manual for ALL diesel vehicles requires that, in order to avoid the problem of cats etc getting clogged-up, the operator must
(a) spend at least 20 minutes every month idling outside random residences, between the hours of 11pm & 5am
(b) spend at least 25 minutes every month idling, having reversed into a parking-spot outside a kerbside cafe, while waiting for their coffee

Last edited:

dassaur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V8 Wagon
I agree in principle. But here's a classic example. During lockdown, I would deliver a number of recorded videos to people with no youtube access each week. Literally 3 seconds jump out, pop in mailbox, jump back in. EVERY SINGLE TIME. The dreaded triple honk.