Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VN - VP Faults

Emackulation

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
'92 HSV VP GTS
Could anyone please tell me what a DFI module and a CAS module is please thanks hopefully i can fix her up..

304's dont have a CAS (crank angle sensor) but instead they have a HES (hall effect sensor) which is located INSIDE the distributor. DFI is also not on the 304, its called the Ignition Module. You could have a faulty HES/distributor and it will give faulse signals to your Ign module and kill the car. You need to determine weather its fuel or spark related. Go to an auto electrician and get them to test the HES. Also your coil may have somthing to do with it all. I would check, HES/dizzy>Coil>Ign module.

aussieghostrider

Reaction score
Tried to view the faults page for VN and says unavailable.

Bob Abbott

robo
Reaction score
Members Ride
92 vacationer wagon vn
could some one tell me where the crankshaft sensor is located please,commodore 92 vn

Phukkah

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV SV-50 Commodore
doh !!!!!!!!!!

shayno1988vp

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 vp
check battery terminals mine was doin this same thing last week looked fine but was'nt

COMMY VP 666

COMMY VP V6
Reaction score
Members Ride
COMMODORE VP
hey when i click on it

hey when i click on it nothing comes up

what is the site

inevias

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vn Series 1
Hey guys im new to this forum so i apologise if im posting in the wrong area, but i just bought a vn series 1, and was getting engine light coming on so i put the paper clip in and ran diagnostic mode and got code 13. Which from what i can gather is my 02 sensor acting up (could be wrong). Does this mean to just replace it or is it something else that could be causing it to play up? Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers.