Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS will not do a burn out

Can you do a burnout in your VS?

• Yes & Im Male

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Yes & Im Female

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No & Im Male

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No & Im Female

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Jamie_87

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 BA XR6
i can do standstills and i got 235's, irs and extra weight of calais and 215000km's on the clock, used to do it real easy with the stockies on when i bought it.

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
well im now officaly confused at y myn dosnt do em.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
96vscommodore , find a empty wide piece of road, put the tranny in 1st ,full lock the steering wheel to the right and put your foot flat and see if it spins,

for standstill put in 1st hold the brake as minumin as you can just so it doesnt move and put your foot flat it it jumps forward put your brake on a bit more, should work

SaGe

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS II S-PAK Manual
lol maybe u should consider gettin a manual, mine does standstills easier than actually driving the car normally lol. i even get LSD with an open diff lol.

_Mukas_

DJ Titan...Hardstyle guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0L Statesman
im goin to my mates place tnite, he got double block so there is a massive concrete slab him and his nutters old man put out there, much to the disdain of the mum/mrs, but its a "would you rather he do it on the street" kinda thing...
im taking the acclaim round tnite, chuckin some dirty leftovers on the back and see if i can get em spinning....will let thee know

Avi8or

Luxo-barging
Reaction score
Members Ride
WM Caprice 6L
I tried it the other night, just planted my foot and off it went! Although it was wet, mabey thats why....

K

kylewalker

i dont no wat it could be i have a vr berlina and that does burnouts when evr and where ever weather im on the break or not

CommyLover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
i remember back when i had a vl, i couldnt get a burnout going. i figured it was broken, then a mate jumped in and had em smoking out the front of work for a minute, smoke everywhere! took me a coupla practices but b4 long i had it down perfect. if you don't know how to do it, it is hard coz i spent ages trying it with all different methods,.

where do u live? ill coem over and leave lines up oyur street for ya

my vs spins if i try to stage the car at the lights. full brake, squeeze throttle and all of a sudden theres spinning like crazy!

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
A VN commodore at the traffic light full locked the steering and the thing started smokin.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
Shaneus said:
My VS is the opposite I cant stop spinning the wheels. Dont try to spin them but they just do. Think it has somet hing to do with the dodgiest tyre I have ever seen, it is called a highway, has anyone ever herd of this brand?

For easy burnouts, put about 45psi in the tyres, wack the auto trans into 1st and give it a bit.

LMAO! I've just got stockies on the back...some peice of shits that I just found kicking around the back-yard because I only could afford two 19's at the moment...I went out and checked the brand of tyre after you said this because I have the same thing happening with my car...YEP Highways do the trick...:thumbsup: ...however I could get mine to spin all day and all night even with 18's on the back both by brake/accelerate method and from gunning the accelerator off the line so I feel so sorry for you sassy_41 and anyone else who owns a VS that can't do it...hehe. Please dont let this post get out to any rice forums...could make us look real bad...Any VS that I hav driven can do it so I think its either you or your car has shat itself!