Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vz 3.6 alloytech rough idle

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
changing the plugs made mine settle down to the point where you wouldnt even know its running.

Trevor 062

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE S2 SSV REDLINE & 07 VZ ACCLAIM WAGON
Get it pressure tested & see if holding pressure, it may have a slight weep & water going to wrong places

henrytad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Series 2 SS 6.2L
i have a rough idle once i turn the car on in the mornings, after about 1 minute idle running, the revs drop and it goes back to normal??? if i drive as soon as i turn the car on, it wont go without flooring the accelerator all the way down. what options should i look at? how do i clean the throttle body?

calay

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais
henrydat, that sounds like its missing - i had a problem like that and i suspect it was a bad connection of one of the coilpacks to the spark plug. best way to check that is to loosen the coilpacks and re-seat them on the plugs

Laurence-d

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL V6 Caprice
mine shakes to shithouse when running on gas at idle. Im talking really bad.

On petrol you can barely feel it but it is still there.

I've taken it back to the gas place and they checked the whole system but couldn't find any problem with the gas system. The reason it shakes more on LPG is because gas is a much harder fuel to ignite so ignition problems show up a lot more. The gas guy seemed to think it would be spark plugs or coil pack....but i've had both replaced recently and the problem is still there!

Any ideas?

Mate I just had the same problem with my WL Caprice, really rough idling on gas and the same problem but alot less on petrol. Mechanic changed the gaskets which were worn down and one of the coil packs. Car runs perefectly smooth now on either fuel.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Since you dug this thread up, which gaskets did he change ?

loopie

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx
Mate I just had the same problem with my WL Caprice, really rough idling on gas and the same problem but alot less on petrol. Mechanic changed the gaskets which were worn down and one of the coil packs. Car runs perefectly smooth now on either fuel.

IM intrested in this ANSWER?? ITS a new one on me ,,, YOU replace gaskets as they are worn down making the car run like ****,,, OH BOY DID you get ripped off OR are you that mechanically thick.. MOST likelly answer we found one off your coil pack faulty, TOO fix your coil, we also replaced the inlet manifold gasket... MY THOUGHTS DID THEY REPLACE your spark plugs at the same time , would be the best time too do it as your have the manifold off

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
If it's not electrical or fuel, follow previous suggestions and check the Harmonic Balancer. When they are on the way out it caused the engine to 'idle roughly. If it fails completely whilst you are mobile, you will need a tow as you will not be able to drive it until repairs done.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Ive seen severe runout on harmonic balancers and none of them have idled roughly because of it.

benjamin.hughes17

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Dirty maf

My VZ Alloytech has a very rough idle,it is either idiling a bit low or there is some other problem.
I have just recently purcheased the car and on idle the car kind of trembles a little.Anyone with any ideas?

just had this problem with my ute I cleaned the MAF sensor with some CRC mass air flow cleaner, was an easy and cheap fix.