Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what do you all think of this vs?

playful

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Executive
yeah then that's just the way you like to drive. yes you can get auto's for a lot cheaper but for me I just prefer manually shifting... it makes driving more fun for me instead of swafting around in a big go-kart. Almost everyone drives auto and I like to be a bit different

and my mate picked up a VS for 2000 the other day, it wasn't taken care of though, but he wrote it off the same day he bought it (last sunday)

VRCALAISS

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR CALAIS 3.8L V6
yeah then that's just the way you like to drive. yes you can get auto's for a lot cheaper but for me I just prefer manually shifting... it makes driving more fun for me instead of swafting around in a big go-kart. Almost everyone drives auto and I like to be a bit different

and my mate picked up a VS for 2000 the other day, it wasn't taken care of though, but he wrote it off the same day he bought it (last sunday)

i'm not implying your car is **** at all,don't get me wrong i know how hard it is to find a decent vr/vs.

AlexVSII

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Holden VS Commodore S, 3.8 n/a
They aren't that thin on the ground, if you're willing to look. I got my 1996 Commodore S for 3,600, in pretty much excellent condition-excellent paintwork, excellent engine, upholstery in excellent condition, low mileage and so on. Only had a month and a half rego left though and the only fault was that the radio needed replacing urgently-only one speaker was working.

It probably helps I wasn't in a hurry to get my car, I had time to shop around and bargain. If you want a car and you want it today you will almost surely end up paying more than it's worth.. I offered someone 3,500 for a car that was advertised for 4,200, they said no, I left my name and number... A week later they called me asking if 3,200 was fair because nobody was offering above 3 grand... Too late for him, I had the VS already.

4,600 is a fair bit to pay for a VS, but if it is in absolutely excellent condition and low km with a year's registration, I would say it's probably worth it, if not it's not exactly massively overpriced. Hell I'd probably say it's worth it just for the satisfaction of knowing I don't need to go to the RTA and the rigmarole of getting a RWC for another year. I wouldn't pay more just for a manual, but that's just personal preference. I would probably pay more for a Berlina or Calais-or more accurately the extras they bring, but again, that's a personal preference as well.