Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Fuel Do u use in your car

Where do u get your fuel from

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
wow you can see who voted what :)

i would use BP but its expesive [ plus the only diff i see is my car feels a little more quiet and smooth on it ]

otherwise i get whatever, typically caltex.

-edit-

oh, i wont touch gull either, that shiz is......shiz.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Patrio7 said:
oh, i wont touch gull either, that shiz is......shiz.

gull?? wtf whts that

F

flipsyde

west australia only servo that i know of. Im gonna try a diffrent typa fuel n see if i get a power increase insted of bein a cheap prick n buyin regular. BP ultimate sounds good once i go through my tank now

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
I've only used 2 Fuels in the Calais... BP ultimate and Shell Premium.

Last edited:

sircruisealotVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ LS1 Calais
hmm, no ones said it yet...but i use vortex 98, which is the caltex premium (they also have the 95 vortex).
my vs loves it, i can get the same throttle response and economy out of any other fuel ive compared it to.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
If ya want to up your octane rating Tollulene will do that, + there are several octane boost products available off the shelf but they R not cheap.

Although a 20 lit drum of tollulene won't be cheap either but certainly cheaper than the smaller ready to go product likely the same stuff anyway, Of course read the instructions and know what your doing before using it or you may/probably will destroy the engine.

If money is of little importance unleaded avgas will make your beast run very well, having not bought any for a while I can't say what it's worth now days but it's available (after signing a waver for it's non airplane use) available in both the same and several higher octane (RON #) ratings than premium unleaded which is about 92-95 RON and as it's made so your plane won't fall from the sky it's a lot cleaner than the crap you get out of any servo tank.

For the lazy classic BP 100 or the good old Shell 115 MB will run fine in any stock car / bike with no jet changes whatsoever, BTW the 115 is not methanol (not even close), its RON # is over 160, purple in colour and burns similar to metho, same gear the CART open wheeler guys use.

I used methanol in my racing bikes (now illegal) but it would make any 6 run like a V8, easy, the injected engine would be a nightmare to run methanol, so be prepared for many long nights with changing all the fuel system, high flow injectors, bigger pump, yada yada, get it wrong and you WILL burn the valves / pistons away like they were made of plastic, (not for the beginner) and it DON'T mix with petrol, so don't try! the basics of my personal race days was to simply double all jet sizes and it would probably start, the long tuning road started from there, BTW they were all race only engines that had to last the afternoon only, sometimes less LOL.

A novel liquid and great stuff for instant huge HP gain, with the carby inches from a very hot enging there will be ice on the outside of the carby bore where the liquid fuel is vaporised into the a/f mix it is very cold, roughly where just after the carby butterfly, burning Shell R-40 vegie oil and methanol ya didn't need cocaine, addrenalin from the HP was damm good stuff.

patullose

Sean
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Exc 1994
Was watchin 5th gear, and they tested the fuels

Top rating was Shell 98
and underthat was BP 98

holden007

VRII
Reaction score
Members Ride
Subaru Liberty
Normally Shell Unleaded 95, sometimes BP Ultimate or Shell Optimax

VLACS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive
yeh ultimate all the way. noticeable increase in Ks and much smoother quieter. slightly quicker. which is nice.

noticed a HUGE difference between normal and ultimate in my VL.
vs not quite as much but then its a bucket load smoother and already