Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Fuel Do u use in your car

Where do u get your fuel from

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
On 5th Gear which is a UK car show (NO not Top Gear, its different), they tested standard 95 octane (compared to standard 91 that we get here) and compared it to BP Ultimate which is 97 octane in the UK and Shell Optimax which is 98 Octane.

3 different model cars which were flushed and had ECU etc. reset after each tank was tried with each style petrol on a dyno.

The Optimax gave better results each time, getting 14hp more on the dyno in a new WRX Impreza than standard 95 octane (imagine compared to our 91 octane).

But the BP Ultimate in the UK must be different as it is only 97 octane over there?

The more performance the car had, the greater the difference.

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
Yeah but ya can't compare a wizz bang 16 V 2.0 lit turbo engine with much here, a tad more boost and there is your 14 HP without touching anything.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
digisol said:
Yeah but ya can't compare a wizz bang 16 V 2.0 lit turbo engine with much here, a tad more boost and there is your 14 HP without touching anything.

As I said man there were 3 different cars used. I forget what the other 2 were, but 1 was not a turbo. Plus 3 cars, 3 fuels...9 different runs which all showed the same correlation...Hard to argue with man.

B

BoostinJet

Premium is good just makes ya car have more KM's in the tank. That's all.

A

Attakarrak

Hey I use BP Ultimate, its cleaner and runs heaps better and also lasts longer but I always steal my fuel because its to ****ing expensive to buy, its $152.9 a litre here at the moment.
shell is ****, caltex is even worse and all that **** is from some piece of **** of a muslim country where the fuel is dirty and might make my car blow up...
BP is refined here in Australia and or America.

User was permanently banned for racist remarks within this post.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Attakarrak said:
Hey I use BP Ultimate, its cleaner and runs heaps better and also lasts longer but I always steal my fuel because its to ****ing expensive to buy, its $152.9 a litre here at the moment.
shell is ****, caltex is even worse and all that **** is from some piece of **** of a muslim country where the fuel is dirty and might make my car blow up...
You steal your fuel? If you can't afford fuel, you shouldn't be driving..

And it's from a piece of **** muslim country? That's where a lot of the fuel comes from..

You my dear fellow are an idiot.. If you don't mind me asking, how are you stealing your fuel? No license plates and a runner? I work at a servo and we usually catch you guys pulling these wanker stunts..

Spike79

Just Confused!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra LX6, VP Berlina LX, Citroen C3
Attakarrak said:

What exactly do you base this statement on?

Why is fuel from a muslim country dirty? When you say muslim i'm assuming your refering to middle eastern countries where most oil supplies come from anyway.

You don't know what your getting at BP, Caltex or Shell because you don't know where they buy their oil.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Attakarrak said:
Something like 70% of our fuel comes from here in Australia, from our own oil supplies, not the middle east or arab countries, and not America

A

Attakarrak

All I know is BP fuel is refined here in WA and the eastern states, I use to work at the BP fuel depo up north.