Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What Fuel Do u use in your car

Where do u get your fuel from

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ashtray1

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Atomic Green w/ 20" Supersports
i use Caltex Vortex for my VX V6 Equipe.

Daza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
The SS runs sweetly on ultimate but I wouldnt run it in anything that didnt have a cat, to much benzine. . I run BP premium 95 in my HR and that runs well with a UCL.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
r u saying i shouldnt run ultimate in my vk?

what does the benzine do?

personally my car seems 2 run quite a bit better on ultimate than most other fuels

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
is the caltex vortex ne good? coz i gotta fuel discount docket at woolies yesterday

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
the last couple of tanks have been vortex and although the engine doesnt run as good, i have had some quite reasonable economy figures, i will probably go back 2 ultimate though

Schmoburger

Capt'n Kombi
Reaction score
Website
www.baywindowmafia.tk
Members Ride
'83 VH Vacationer wagon and '76 Volkswagen Kombi.
In my Kombi, which is my daily driver, I generally fill up at United whenever possible, and use either full standard 91 octane, or occasionally if I'm feeling a bit frisky, I put in around 25-30% Boost 98... as in, for every $20 I put in, I put in $15 of 91 and $5 of 98... I suppose you could say I use the high octane stuff as a performance additive to the standard fuel. I really do notice the difference... gives you a massive kick in the seat when ya leave the station hehe. I dont fill up solely with ethanol blends, as it causes pinging in a few of me mates VW's, and it is also detrimental to the fuel lines... not a good thing in a dub.

As for the VN, I generally use the United ULP95 or equivilent cos it's generally the cheapest and the Commodore and its fuel plumbing dont complain about it. :)

The VH generally just has standard 91 ut thru it most of the time, altho not being registered and only being run every couple of months, it rarely has fuel put in it. LOL

Cheers!

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
I use ultimate makes the VH run smooth as and ive noticed i get a bit more kms and its only like 126 or so over here at the moment. got a 85 Hiace that is on its last legs and im using the ethyanol fuel (Plus Unleaded @ Liberty) in that and it loves it as much as ultimate and that only cost 113 tonight so no complaints here