Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] What happens if?

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
Hey guys,

On my P's in Melbourne and have a supercharged commodore. I know its illegal to drive one and so was wondering what happens if your caught with one? Fine? etc etc.

Ive never been pulled over, but do the cops check under the bonnet?

Cheers guys.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
don't drive like a dick and if your lucky you'll never get pulled over, like me.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If you attract their attention, they will check under the carpet if necessary to do you for something, so yes, peeve them and they will check under the bonnet.

What will happen? Not an expert, especially since when I was on my p's you could drive anything you could reach the pedals and see over the steering wheel at the same time lol.. My assumption is that if you are driving a car which you are not licensed to drive, you are driving without a license? Penalties vary from state to state but all of them would cost more than I can afford, and you are unlikely to keep your p's too.. probably get disqualified and have to start again 3 months later or so at a guess..

Stressball

Rolling on 4 again :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Triton
3 points and a fine, not sure on the value. You will also most likely get a fine and points for driving a defective vehicle for one reason or another, or whatever driving offence you committed which attracted their attention in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Zero insurance - better hope you don't hit my or my mrs's car on a number of fronts driving a vehicle you aren't licensed to operate.

Reaper

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
Sigh and p platers wonder why they get a bad rap. I know I can't drive it but I'm gunna do it any way. Most of the time if you are pulled over being a p plater they will go through the whole vehicle. Pop the bonnet supercharger 1 fine. Start looking at the vehicle more hard. Oh that tire is a bit low 2nd fine etc. Not worth it plus you just reinforcing the p plater stereotype.

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
totally forgot about the insurance.

Thanks for the reply's guys.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
3 points and a fine, not sure on the value. You will also most likely get a fine and points for driving a defective vehicle for one reason or another, or whatever driving offence you committed which attracted their attention in the first place.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Like i said, i don't really know.. but that seems like a pretty low punishment. If you drive a truck without a truck license, you are driving unlicensed because your license specifies car only. If you drive a supercharged car and your license says you cant.. you are also driving unlicensed? How can you take 3 points off a license you don't have?

Of course, insurance is instantly gone, and if the cops pull you over they will have done so for a reason.. they will check your car thoroughly while they are there, no doubt at all, especially when they see the 'P's.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Just a quick point.. I am sure you waited with bated breath to get your Ps and drive legally? So then you got your license.. and bought a car you can't legally drive anyway?

I don't understand why you bothered getting a license lol... you don't seriously think you are going to get through the next year (or 2?) without once being pulled over?

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
As stated with the others m8, drive like an idiot and youre surely to get done but drive normally and 9 times out of 10 you'll be ok..just hope that you don't get pulled over during a blitz or for a random roadworthy set-up like they do here in canberra!!