Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] What happens if?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Aami will. I asked them about it out of curiousity. Not to mention I'm insured for illegally lowered, extractors/exhaust (when i'm not aloud to on my p's - would be same fine as getting caught with v8 etc.)

You asked them if they would insure you to drive a car you aren't licensed to drive (those words) and they agreed??? I find that very surprising. I'm sure it's in the policy that you must be licensed to operate the vehicle insured at all times.

Reaper

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Them taking money off you and them paying out when you crash into something are two completely different things.

I wouldnt be putting any bets on AAMI paying out if they can in any tiny way say those tinted lights were a contributor to the accident.

Insurers dont ask questions until you want money back.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Them taking money off you and them paying out when you crash into something are two completely different things.

I wouldnt be putting any bets on AAMI paying out if they can in any tiny way say those tinted lights were a contributor to the accident.

Insurers dont ask questions until you want money back.

True, but when i got my car assessed when i had a claim there was a white VT with the darkest taillights which got hit up the ass; I asked the accessor how people get away with that, he simply said "If it's on your policy then it's insured for it"

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
If he got run up the arse AAMI wouldnt have an issue as they would be chasing the other guys insurer for the cash.

I know what you're saying, but if that's the case then we could all have tinted taillights and get away with it?

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
If he got run up the arse AAMI wouldnt have an issue as they would be chasing the other guys insurer for the cash.

Unless the guy who ran up his arse said he couldn't see the lights.
NRMA said they'd cover me for the supercharger provided it complied with the relevant RTA legislation.

It didn't, so if anything did happen they would have had excellent grounds to refuse a payout.

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Unless the guy who ran up his arse said he couldn't see the lights.
NRMA said they'd cover me for the supercharger provided it complied with the relevant RTA legislation.

It didn't, so if anything did happen they would have had excellent grounds to refuse a payout.

Sometimes they don't even look though stupidly enough. I know it's not the same but a mate i know from work lost his license and was still driving around in his missus car, someone hit him and they blamed him for it, went back and forth for like 4-5 months, and he finally got the payout. The whole time they didn't do a license check?

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
In some cases yes, however they are defectable (AFAIK) and if both cars are with AAMI do you think theyre going to cop it?

People have to understand, Insurers are out to make cash. They arent huggable, loveable, warm and fuzzy guys, give them a window to wiggle out of, they will lube themselves up and get through it.

I know personally, if I ran up the arse of someone with tinted tail lights, thats the first thing ill be telling my insurer because its as good as having all 3 lights gone.

I know on my policy it states on the bottom with very small letters that all modifications are insured as long as they keep the car in a roadworthy state.