Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] What happens if?

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
As stated with the others m8, drive like an idiot and youre surely to get done but drive normally and 9 times out of 10 you'll be ok..just hope that you don't get pulled over during a blitz or for a random roadworthy set-up like they do here in canberra!!

Or hit anything and be financially ####ed for a very long time. Other than that - go for it :thumbusp:

Reaper

Kunu

chasing the big 300!!!
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
97VT SSsuper6(179rwkw),daily barina,2008 VE Clubby
Or hit anything and be financially ####ed for a very long time. Other than that - go for it :thumbusp:

Reaper

yeh true reaper, in saying that even been hit by another car would void his insurance aswell real quick.

Jamesmaier

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Executive
I didnt post this because im a hoon and want to break the law to drive a faster car. This was purely to understand what happens because its the family car and sometimes i like to drive it. Other times its just to the shops, etc etc etc. I just wanted to know what can happen.

Totally forgot about the insurance and that would be the worst part about driving an illegal car. I'm actually a good driver and as I said never been pulled over except for a random check (p plate commodore check as we call them here in melb). Guess i cant be the family designated driver anymore :p

VR028

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII SS
Like i said, i don't really know.. but that seems like a pretty low punishment. If you drive a truck without a truck license, you are driving unlicensed because your license specifies car only. If you drive a supercharged car and your license says you cant.. you are also driving unlicensed? How can you take 3 points off a license you don't have?

Of course, insurance is instantly gone, and if the cops pull you over they will have done so for a reason.. they will check your car thoroughly while they are there, no doubt at all, especially when they see the 'P's.

you are not driving unlicensed you are driving a restricted vehicle. the penalty being 3 points and a hefty fine. if you are being pulled over you have also most likely done something wrong to attract thier attention so expect another fine for speeding, overtaking incorrectly or even a hoon offense which will add up to you being broke and losing your lisence. i know a few people who do this and insurance is not instantly gone. however there is no comprehensive insurance available they will only cover you 3rd party even if you have comprehensive.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
I didnt post this because im a hoon and want to break the law to drive a faster car. This was purely to understand what happens because its the family car and sometimes i like to drive it. Other times its just to the shops, etc etc etc. I just wanted to know what can happen.

Totally forgot about the insurance and that would be the worst part about driving an illegal car. I'm actually a good driver and as I said never been pulled over except for a random check (p plate commodore check as we call them here in melb). Guess i cant be the family designated driver anymore :p

You can get an exemption in some states, just tell them how it's a family car etc. The worst they can say is no. Tell them if your family go's out to dinner and has a few wines you need to be the deso or some **** lol. It's not worth doing it otherwise, im guessing cause it's your family's car its a factory s/c and it will come up when the cops check your plates, see you're a p plater and bend you over, or if you don't have any p plates on and are driving it, there goes your lisence

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
its around $250 fine and 3 points. which isnt much really.

every now and then with a genuine reason should be ok if you arent driving around flat stick. but i wouldnt do it all the time. 4 years is a long time to be on P plates and you dont get alot of points (5 every year with a total of 12 in 3 years).

juice1929

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Wagon
it says $550 and 3 points in my little vicroads booklet they sent out to me.

Fr4u4ka

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy1TonUte
If u stipulate to your insurance that you are driving a car that your not supposed to they will still cover you. They just bump up the premium, its no biggie to them

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
If u stipulate to your insurance that you are driving a car that your not supposed to they will still cover you. They just bump up the premium, its no biggie to them

eh?? Which insurance company covers you to drive a car that you are specifically unlicensed to drive??? Good luck with that.

Reaper

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
eh?? Which insurance company covers you to drive a car that you are specifically unlicensed to drive??? Good luck with that.

Reaper

Aami will. I asked them about it out of curiousity. Not to mention I'm insured for illegally lowered, extractors/exhaust (when i'm not aloud to on my p's - would be same fine as getting caught with v8 etc.)

I know it doesn't sound like it's as much, but it's still the same rule broken. They even insure you if you got completely tinted taillights and you can't even see the lights...