Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Woolworths manager how much would i earn

sjmcc

Reaction score
Website
www.hawthornweightlifting.com
Members Ride
VS Berlina
work in produce biggest bludge with the load comming in the morening now :D

You guys getting produce in the morning? I work as the storeman and I can tell you that unloading the 26-32 grocery pallets in the morning sucks hugely, especially when Pauls and the meat deliveries rock up at the same time. The last thing I would need is Produce as well.

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
I have never worked at woolies so i cant say much about it, but what i will say is even if your not making huge money working there, you are still getting experience as a manager and that could lead to something else.

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
Question guys, i have got a 2nd interview for Nightfill Manager role, do woolworths pay $50,000 for their Wages?, just wondering if it would be the same wages that i got a as a a normal NightFiller working with 38 hours, my wages when i was a nightfiller was $46000

Thanks

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
DONT DO IT BRO!! Take it from me, Ive worked at Woolies for 5 years now inc 2 years as Nightfill Manager (I now just do part time nightfill as a top up on my weekly income from my full time day job) Nightfill captain is the WORST job you can imagine. They will make it sound good, but soon as you sign on thta dotted line they've got you. For a start they will tell you you will work a 40hr roster (as all salary managers do) Which will make the hourly rate look impressive (i.e $25/hr etc) BUT and its a huge BUT. Its a salary package. Not a wage. So you get paid for 40hrs/week REGARDLESS of how many hours you work, and let me tell you, you will NEVER only work 40hrs as a nightfill manager. My entire time I done as manager i worked between 60 up to even 100hrs a week sometimes. Divide your salary by those hours and you find yourself working to take home like $8/hr. 5 Day weeks? Bullshit. If your on salary they can make you work 7 days if they want. All of the new union rules they are now bringing in (5 day weeks, no longer then 11hr shifts etc etc) DO NOT APPLY to salary employees. Remember this. As the nightfill manager you will have all of the **** that doesnt get done through the day dumped on you to get done along with your normal duties, and then expect daily ass kicking about how your nightfill carton filling rate isnt high enough and faceup wasnt good enough and you left a box of coke on the floor is aisle 5 etc etc. None of that is to even mention to obvious **** side of working permanant nights. It will f*** up your bodyclock, on your days off (the few you get) you find it hard to do stuff with friends as your asleep while they are awake and your just getting ready to head out and party when they are all going home to bed.
I promise you if you take it you'll end up regretting it. I have never to this day met a person whho has been a nightfill manager who hasnt said its the worst job they've ever had.
Oh and the bonus thing, is a MAXIMUM of 20% of your salary. But it goes off how well both you and your dept perform. And given the fact that nightfill is usually the worst dept in the store (blows wages all the time, carton rates never high enough, high staff turnover as most ppl dont stick around to long due to the hrs etc) you will find it hard to get the full 20% bonus.

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
if they are paying for the course, then just do it anyway.
It's a valuable addition to your resume.
If the position ends up being poorly paid, the training will help you find another job

Evolution_Ends_Here

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
Miitsubishi Magna TJ
DONT DO IT BRO!! Take it from me, Ive worked at Woolies for 5 years now inc 2 years as Nightfill Manager (I now just do part time nightfill as a top up on my weekly income from my full time day job) Nightfill captain is the WORST job you can imagine. They will make it sound good, but soon as you sign on thta dotted line they've got you. For a start they will tell you you will work a 40hr roster (as all salary managers do) Which will make the hourly rate look impressive (i.e $25/hr etc) BUT and its a huge BUT. Its a salary package. Not a wage. So you get paid for 40hrs/week REGARDLESS of how many hours you work, and let me tell you, you will NEVER only work 40hrs as a nightfill manager. My entire time I done as manager i worked between 60 up to even 100hrs a week sometimes. Divide your salary by those hours and you find yourself working to take home like $8/hr. 5 Day weeks? Bullshit. If your on salary they can make you work 7 days if they want. All of the new union rules they are now bringing in (5 day weeks, no longer then 11hr shifts etc etc) DO NOT APPLY to salary employees. Remember this. As the nightfill manager you will have all of the **** that doesnt get done through the day dumped on you to get done along with your normal duties, and then expect daily ass kicking about how your nightfill carton filling rate isnt high enough and faceup wasnt good enough and you left a box of coke on the floor is aisle 5 etc etc. None of that is to even mention to obvious **** side of working permanant nights. It will f*** up your bodyclock, on your days off (the few you get) you find it hard to do stuff with friends as your asleep while they are awake and your just getting ready to head out and party when they are all going home to bed.
I promise you if you take it you'll end up regretting it. I have never to this day met a person whho has been a nightfill manager who hasnt said its the worst job they've ever had.
Oh and the bonus thing, is a MAXIMUM of 20% of your salary. But it goes off how well both you and your dept perform. And given the fact that nightfill is usually the worst dept in the store (blows wages all the time, carton rates never high enough, high staff turnover as most ppl dont stick around to long due to the hrs etc) you will find it hard to get the full 20% bonus.

I don't want to do this Nightfill Manager position but under my Job situation right now i will take any job right now, about 2 months ago i resigned from Woolworths Wheelers Hill as a nightfiller because they got rid of the nightfill department which i should not of done anyway since then i've been trying to land to job for the last 2.5 months , had a few interview for all these jobs but failed, so if i had a chance to go back to my old Job i am going grab it, its not best job in the world but its job, this is where i got all my skills from plus ive been there for the longest job that ive ever had 6.5 Years, this job will be alot different as what i used to do with alot more responsibility and i know that, by the way , this job is not the worst job you could get, Commission Only Jobs are, they are by far the worst, Thanks for your Post, But i'm going for this position.

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
True. A job is better then no job. Good luck with it anyway man. I wish you all the best with it. Best pice of advice I can give you is just stick up for yourself to the store manager/STM etc. Dont let them walk over you (Dont be a smartass, lol, i just mean be confident in yourself). It might result in some heated words at timesbut it will end up with them holding more respect for you as a manager. :)

SV6SidiUTE

Vroom?
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 SV6 Sidi Ute
True. A job is better then no job. Good luck with it anyway man. I wish you all the best with it. Best pice of advice I can give you is just stick up for yourself to the store manager/STM etc. Dont let them walk over you (Dont be a smartass, lol, i just mean be confident in yourself). It might result in some heated words at timesbut it will end up with them holding more respect for you as a manager. :)

as above said.

A job is a job, and at 50-70K a year you would be earning much more than working in a factory as a factory hand/labourer. It is mental stress, yes, but would you rather that than a broken back? If i was in your shoes I would step up, be mature about this,take the job, and work your way up. You won't get anywhere within a year, it takes a long long time to get recognised.

Go for it man, if you do not like it, you can always try your luck elsewhere.