Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS 17Inch + lowered. What to do first?

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
Hey all,

tried to find this info before but couldnt see a good answer.

Within the next 2months I'll be lowering and getting 17's on my VS. I was just wondering what I should get done first and if it will have any effect? lowering will be cheaper so i thought id do that first, but i was thinking if i got the ride height and feel of the car how i wanted it, then put on 17s, would that stuff it up? Would I be better off buying the 17s first and then getting it lowered and stuff?

Also I think I will be going king springs superlows? only thought was if this was gunna cause alot of difficulty in car parks (speed bumps) and also ride comfort and even getting up curbs to park my car on the grass out our house?

Cheers in advance

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
i would prob go rims first then lower thats what i did, least then u can lower it to how u want with the rims on, instead of putting rims on later and finding out it still sits high ect, my 2 cents anyway

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
yeah thanks for that, thats what i was thinking. what springs you got on yours? have issues with scraping at all? also cost perhaps?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
not sure what springs, i just went to pedders and said lower it as low legally as u can, all up i think it was 1500, it rides not too bad if u take speed bumps slow u wont have any trouble

i have pacemaker headers and they come down really low so if i go too fast they smash into the ground apart from that im pretty happy with it

JSTCOZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT S-Pack II
not sure what springs, i just went to pedders and said lower it as low legally as u can, all up i think it was 1500, it rides not too bad if u take speed bumps slow u wont have any trouble

i have pacemaker headers and they come down really low so if i go too fast they smash into the ground apart from that im pretty happy with it
1500? dang thats pricey... i was thinking maybe, maybe $1000. I phone dup pedders jsut to find out how much to lower the rear ans they said $250 installed... guess you gotta wheel align and shocks will be needed for that big of a rear drops and shizz too. Ahhh well, maybe be a bit longer than i expected to do it then lol (only another month on)

sprayzz

sprayzz
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
i put rims on mine first. 18's than lowered it with king springs superlows all round. and it sat nicelly. might be abit bumpier but the handling is sweet and way worth a few knocks in the car lol but thats me :)

Anthony Le

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore s2
hey how much did the king springs cost you? looking to get king springs for the vs and thinking of lowering it 1&1/2 inches....

ashleysnep

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
355 VN GRP A REP
Take a look in the GSL rally sport section for DIY kits, there around the $600 mark for springs (kings) and shocks (KYB).

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Take a look in the GSL rally sport section for DIY kits, there around the $600 mark for springs (kings) and shocks (KYB).

+1 mate this is the way to go