Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coalition unveil their broadband and internet policy

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
You CHOOSE to download the massive Bluray rips and HD rips of TV series. Why? The quality of the 800Mb DVD rip movies is fine and I watch them on my 55 inch plasma! If you want to watch amazing quality, you buy the Bluray.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
The biggest part of the NBN that works is one company taking care of the cabling and taking that away from Telstra who don't give too hoots about anybody. As for the question why go that fast, why do you have a WRX, surely a excel would be cheaper to buy and to get around in, you don't really need the speed of that WRX do you?

Your comparing how fast a car goes with the internet speed? I do track days, so yes, I like to have a car that can handle this well, excels cannot do this. On top of this, the safety features of the wrx far outweigh those of a Hyundai, so, liek your "paying for everyones roads" comment, it is a pointless comment with zero relevance.

Downloads will only get bigger, since when has the human race been satisfied with the speed of ANYTHING.

Ohh, so as illegal downloads get bigger we need faster speeds lol? Seriously, what downloads do people do that are legal that require stupidly fast internet connections?

Moving to blu-ray has bumped the download size of movies. I don't know about you. but i wouldn't want to sit around all week waiting for 12gb+ blu-ray movies. even the simple tv series of 20 plus episodes is huge. then our tv stations offer the chance to stream episodes we miss from their websites. i dont know about anyone else. but my almost 5mbps struggles.

As above, so basically you want to be able to break the law faster...hilarious.

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
What would it achieve? Do fast internet speeds all of a sudden boost productivity and make people smarter?

Well, sort of. Having a conference with all regional managers over video chat rather then they all hop on a plane and meet. There are always academic advantages to new technologies, even Stephan Hawking has talked about the best universities will be online.

graham7773

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim Wagon
kalekale, I have had internet since 1996 and I have never, ever thought dial up was fast enough. It was crapola! 20 up to 45 minutes to download a 3 minute song? I have wireless internet now and if it took more than about 15-25 seconds per download I would be wondering if I had a virus or something. By the way, I only get 3.6 mbps now but it's fast enough for me.

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
Your comparing how fast a car goes with the internet speed? I do track days, so yes, I like to have a car that can handle this well, excels cannot do this. On top of this, the safety features of the wrx far outweigh those of a Hyundai, so, liek your "paying for everyones roads" comment, it is a pointless comment with zero relevance.

Ohh, so as illegal downloads get bigger we need faster speeds lol? Seriously, what downloads do people do that are legal that require stupidly fast internet connections?

As above, so basically you want to be able to break the law faster...hilarious.

There is more to to the internet than illegal downloads.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
There is more to to the internet than illegal downloads.

Correct almost none of it requires anywhere near a 100mbps connection to be as good as it can be.

kalekale

Reaction score
Members Ride
Berlina
kalekale, I have had internet since 1996 and I have never, ever thought dial up was fast enough. It was crapola! 20 up to 45 minutes to download a 3 minute song? I have wireless internet now and if it took more than about 15-25 seconds per download I would be wondering if I had a virus or something. By the way, I only get 3.6 mbps now but it's fast enough for me.

you can just call me Kale, It was more of an example of how much speed has changed, if you had dial up now it would hardly be worth trying to visit pages that had too many pictures it would take so long. We are going to need something different in the future and the NBN will give it too us.

Also Im not saying I agree with everything Labour is saying, personally Ill be voting for the Greens.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You CHOOSE to download the massive Bluray rips and HD rips of TV series. Why? The quality of the 800Mb DVD rip movies is fine and I watch them on my 55 inch plasma!.
Never said i downloaded them.
If you want to watch amazing quality, you buy the Bluray
I have and do, thank you.
why was it you have some special unlimited internet that we all cant get again ?.

As above, so basically you want to be able to break the law faster...hilarious
never come across you as a prude before.