Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY install VE SSV lowering kit

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
did the lowering today , will post picks of the finished product 2mozza , its beer o'clock.

REAR -
jack up the car and place jack stands , remove wheel

clamp the spring and compress all the pressure off it

undo the 4 bolts up top holding the coil spring cup and the bottom one holding the
shocky , while your there undo the sway arm bar aswell.

the shocky and spring should be just sitting in there freely now , then
undo the bottom control arm bolt , its a good idea to have a jack or something under
the control arm to take the weight once the bolt is out.
loweriing kit 001.jpg
soz but number 5 in this pick should say bottom control arm not sway arm

now you can push down on the bottom control arm and pull all that **** out

once its all out disasemble the shocky from the coil and release the coil spring compessors.

Before you compess your new springs and assemble your new shocks its important to cut the old shock boot down ,
i cut mine 50mm to match the height i am lowering too , if you had a 60mm kit
then you would cut it 60mm , 30=30mm ect.
loweriing kit 012.jpg

put together and wack the newbyz in the reverse way.
loweriing kit 004.jpg
loweriing kit 005.jpg

FRONT -

same as back , jack up, secure, remove wheel.

place a jack under the wheel hub to hold it so it doesnt drop when everything is undone

compress spring then unclip brake lines and disconnect sway bar bolt

undo the two large bolts holding the shocky but leave them in there to hold it while you undo the top shocky bolt next.
loweriing kit 007.jpg
loweriing kit 008.jpg

now its all disconnected pull that old **** out and put together your new set

Last edited:

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
once you got the new set put together install them in reverse way .
it was alot easier than i thought it would be to install the kit . definatly worth a go at home.
would post more pikz but the uploader program wont let me do anymore ??

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
just thought id let yall'z know that im not happy with the height of the king spring SL 50mm lowering kit , if you have an ssv with FE2 suspension dont even bother with it , just go for the ultra low kit SSSL . The back height isnt too bad but the front has dropped *** all !! Im ripping that **** out and going to get some SSSL springs for the front . Iv found alot of peepz are over cautious when it comes to choosing a lowering kit thinking they dont want to go too low , think about it , do you want to lower your car? ....yes?... then dont *** around with pissy little lowering kits wasting your money and time , just dump the ***er straight out and do it right the first time. Feel like taken these springs back to repco and shuvin them up some ones ass , the sales **** was all like mate mate mate you dont wanna go lower than 50mm , ***n ballsack.

fanga

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV 6.0ltr V8
wats with the ***n blanking out of the ***n swear words , *** me ! , we are all ***n adults here arnt we ?

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
Yeah, you got given the wrong info. I'm pretty sure that SL's are the same height as FE2 anyway!

I agree with you. I originally had SSL's all round on mine (fitted by the dealership - was told not to go any lower) and it just didn't have the look I was after. I eventually ended up going SSSL's on the back and I'm much happier now! Left the front SSL's - gives the car a more level stance and still haven't bottomed out yet!

philsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sv6
sweet pics mait, but wheres the b4 and after shots of the whole car lowered :p

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
I have stock MY09 VE Omega with stock springs, I brought the FE2 springs from EX Cop vehicle. Does it make any difference? One inch down correct? I just dont wanna get it too lowered. Or best get a 30mm King springs? Thanks guys

VooDooWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE MY10 SSV Sportwagon M6
I don't think the fe2 will drop it that much, but don't hold me to that.:)

When I had fe2 in my SSV wagon I had centre wheel hub to bottom of guard measurement of 395mm front and rear. This was on 19" rims if that helps you any.