Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

DIY install VE SSV lowering kit

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
I don't think the fe2 will drop it that much, but don't hold me to that.:)

When I had fe2 in my SSV wagon I had centre wheel hub to bottom of guard measurement of 395mm front and rear. This was on 19" rims if that helps you any.

Thanks man for that. Will check that out for the FE2 and the results tomorrow. Cheers again :D

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
I originally had SSL's all round on mine (fitted by the dealership - was told not to go any lower) and it just didn't have the look I was after. I eventually ended up going SSSL's on the back and I'm much happier now! Left the front SSL's - gives the car a more level stance and still haven't bottomed out yet!

are the pics in your "check out my ride" thread from your sig current with the above suspension? looking at lowering mine n wanna get the right height first go!

edit: went further and saw the second post of pics! looks very tidy. so thats king sssl's in the rear with standard shocks and pedders ssl's front also standard shocks ?

Last edited:

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
are the pics in your "check out my ride" thread from your sig current with the above suspension? looking at lowering mine n wanna get the right height first go!

edit: went further and saw the second post of pics! looks very tidy. so thats king sssl's in the rear with standard shocks and pedders ssl's front also standard shocks ?

Yeah mate, that second lot of pics (on page 3 I think) are current with the new setup. Keep in mind that those were taken only a few days after it was done, so the back has settled down another few mm's since then. :D

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
so thats king sssl's in the rear with standard shocks and pedders ssl's front also standard shocks ?

Just noticed that bit - yes that's correct.

-vkhg

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS
very nice. are king ssl's a similar/same height as pedders?

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
I have stock MY09 VE Omega with stock springs, I brought the FE2 springs from EX Cop vehicle. Does it make any difference? One inch down correct? I just dont wanna get it too lowered. Or best get a 30mm King springs? Thanks guys

FE2 wont drop car 1 inch.... not even close.
I have a Holden brochure in front of me....1476mm ride height for Omega, Calais etc.... 1470mm for SV6, SS etc.
That's 6mm.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
I have a Holden brochure in front of me....1476mm ride height for Omega, Calais etc.... 1470mm for SV6, SS etc.
That's 6mm.

That's interesting. FE2 did always used to be a 1 inch drop - at least in the older model Commodores anyway.

Perhaps Omegas, Calais etc come out with FE1.5 now? :confused:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
nah VE's only have standard , FE2 ... FR1 suspension on the WM's ... FE3 and manetic ride control on the HSV's....

ves dont have alot of ground clearance to play around with and keep it legal for production, so stiffer springs rates only.

Damo83

VE MY09 SV6
Reaction score
Website
meettomy.site
Members Ride
VF SV6 Black Edition Sportswagon My17
That's 6mm.

LOL seriously not worth putting up the VE FE2 but it handles the car like a bit hard ride.. U know i was thinking about putting King springs some guys says its best have SL front, and SSL Rear to make the VE Leveled what u think? Thanks mate