Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vf hsv

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Just going on from Reapers comments, does anyone have sales figures for both HSV, and FPV to see volumes built/sold??
I wonder too, how long can HSV continue on their own.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Just going on from Reapers comments, does anyone have sales figures for both HSV, and FPV to see volumes built/sold??
I wonder too, how long can HSV continue on their own.

For HSV it's more a matter of having suitable donor cars. As long as there is a RWD Commodore there will be HSV. If/when that stops then the HSV business will be very touch and go. FPV are selling around 1/2 the number of cars HSV do however they have had an artificial boost since Ford dropped the XR8 Falcon. HSV are selling around 5000 cars per year

too jazzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
N/A
im quite happy they left the grange the way it is, plus the interior combo will make it a real nice treat now, the back has always been perfect on the wm caprice/grange model imo

TraidMarc

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.traidmarc.com
Members Ride
VE Series II SS-V Redline Sportswagon A6 Phantom
My last car before the VE was a Mazda 3 SP23 bought in 2004, i loved that car but after 7 years i decided to get something with some power, and I had grown to love the look of the VE wagons. Now HSV have made I GTS with 430kw, and there is something Mazda 3ish about it, I like it!!!!! Like a big 3 with a more aggressive front and all the goodies you can think of. I want one, not for another 2 years, but I will get a GTS.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
If I throw $10,000 at my current GTS, I will have 430+KW. Cheaper than a new one :smoking:

thomasSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
But will you get the oil cooled 10 inch diff, bigger brakes all round better continential tyres, more air displacement through the front bi modal intake better dash, better safety technology better oil cooling, better clutch the list goes on... And all with factory warranty.... Lol... It's gonna kick ass ..:.....

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
aaronevolution, you can throw as much money as you like into an SS, and its still an SS. At least mine will still be a GTS:boxing:

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
aaronevolution, you can throw as much money as you like into an SS, and its still an SS. At least mine will still be a GTS:boxing:

All you were concerned about was the power output. Your VE has nothing on the technology the VF has, and will look ugly when parked next to one.