Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get on a VF?

Davison

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16
I'd say it's closer to silver/grey or "steel" if you will. Depending on the light/angle etc.
Whatever your opinion, that particular colour was in my top three choices.

Yeah it is steel looking most of the time (gladly). The green comes through very strong when there's no light. Whenever I've taken mine out at night half the people I've spoken to are convinced it's green. Yet in the sunlight it looks almost like alto grey. Very odd colour the way it changes.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
That colour is Jungle Fever, which is currently a trial colour. A few VF's and Cruzes have been done in this colour. There's also another trial colour called "Some like it Hot", which is a metallic red hue.

Both of these colours are likely to be introduced next year for MY15.

GavinH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais
Love my prussian steel, but yes the green definitely apparent! So if you don't like a green shade, would not recommend. Other choice was the purple, couldn't bring myself to buy a purple car though!

camo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6
Hey Guys,

Great thread!

I'm looking to upgrade my SV6 to a SSV shortly and had a question about dealer experiences.

Has anyone been told unless you are ready to put a deposit down today we can't organise a test drive?! The bloke today seemed very un-interested in having my business and told me "80 Percent of people just buy them without test driving them" and would only discuss the sticker price before just walking away from me.. Is this normal?

Camo

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Hey Guys,

Great thread!

I'm looking to upgrade my SV6 to a SSV shortly and had a question about dealer experiences.

Has anyone been told unless you are ready to put a deposit down today we can't organise a test drive?! The bloke today seemed very un-interested in having my business and told me "80 Percent of people just buy them without test driving them" and would only discuss the sticker price before just walking away from me.. Is this normal?

Camo

Yep. I just turn around and walk right out. There are plenty who will try it on like that however none ever get my business. There are plenty of Holden dealers around and currently there are 28 listed on carsales (with plenty unsold in yards currently unadvertised. They are selling strongly but are hardly the runaway sellout the dealers would have you believe.

jasonjea

Reaction score
Website
www.aus-chat.com
Members Ride
VF Commodore SV6 UTE
Hey Guys,

Great thread!

Camo

Do you own vf sv6 or ?
Id like to upgrade my vf sv6 ute for ss as well but I thing ill lose at least 15k on this one. I done only 5k

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

camo645

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SV6
Do you own vf sv6 or ?
Id like to upgrade my vf sv6 ute for ss as well but I thing ill lose at least 15k on this one. I done only 5k

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

Nahh, i have the VE - its time to upgrade!

phillmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sportswagon 2011
Some of the western Sydney dealers are so bad I only buy sump plug and filters from them. Wouldn't let them touch my cars either. If you don't dress right or turn up in the right vechle they don't even serve you. I buy my cars elsewhere.

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
if I was you I would contact holden directly and see what they say

Hey Guys,

Great thread!

Camo