Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e 355

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
im on the hunt for a unmolested harrop manifold and hopefully be able to swap it for my TP Manifold or sell mine and buy the harrop....I don't like my chances tho

Clayton355

Bring it on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vnss
T/P are a good manifold man dont get rid of it yet

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
True, but they don't RPM and flow as good as a Harrop

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
hey mate how is the car going... have you got a new exhaust yet i think that will free up a lot of power

TUFF*83

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 VH SLE 308
Very tidy car. I used to own a black vh myself, such a menacing look. By the way those polished B45s are mint! If you ever get rid of them you have a buyer right here!

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Very tidy car. I used to own a black vh myself, such a menacing look. By the way those polished B45s are mint! If you ever get rid of them you have a buyer right here!
Haha thanks mate, ive had em for 15yrs so they've definitely lasted me well.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
hey mate how is the car going... have you got a new exhaust yet i think that will free up a lot of power
hey mate, going pretty good, just got the exhaust done on Thursday /Friday.

Ill tell ya what...every sports/custom exhaust ive had fitted over the years ive never noticed anything but the sound...but with this one I can definitely notice the increase without a doubt. Those old pipes must've been a huge restriction to say the least.

She sounds like a completely different engine altogether.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Just recently I ditched the old alloy radiator and fitted up a new ADRAD copper radiator...its basically an original style.

I had to ditch the sh!tty poocomp alloy one as I couldn't keep it below 100'c....(yes I know poocomp products are crap but I bought it before I knew who they really were).
Now...it struggles to get above 95'c. Still running thermos and also added the VH overflow bottle and had to get a new tstat housing as the old one didn't suit the new radiator.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
what setup exhaust did you go. twin 2.5" to single 3" over diff????

i see scotts rods made it was it custom or off the shelf.. im in need of an exhaust soon and i know scotts rods make quality gear . if it was custom what is the chance of dropping it back off to them to copy and make a set for me?