Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e 355

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
what setup exhaust did you go. twin 2.5" to single 3" over diff????

i see scotts rods made it was it custom or off the shelf.. im in need of an exhaust soon and i know scotts rods make quality gear . if it was custom what is the chance of dropping it back off to them to copy and make a set for me?
It was pretty much custom.
I went twin 3" with crossover as seen in pic the reduced it to twin 2.5 after the mufflers and over the diff....its a 3 piece bolt up section on each side of the pipes so I can remove them and dump it if necessary. Ill take some pics of the diff section over the weekend when I put it on the ramps.

They could possibly replicate the mid section but the rear has to many variables and clearance issues. It took em a whole day just to do the rear section

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
yeah fair enough... ill probably just dodgy something up to drive to adelaide to get one made... sucks living in the middle of nowhere

good to know that ill be able to fit a twin system all the way to the back i thought it would have to merge into a single over the diff.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
They somewhat tried to convince me that a merge into three inch single over diff would be enough but I was like nup I want twin all the way through regardless of how long it takes or how hard it is.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E..VF2 redline W375.. 200 series landcruiser
heard back from scotts today they arent keen on trying to replicate one and send it to me ... oh well

get some more pics up if the setup so i can show who ever does mine that you dont have to merge to single over the diff

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Bummer, they weren't really confident on doing it fitted to the car as they'd never done a twin system on a early vb-vk car.
Oh well, im sure you'll find someone local who would like to step up to the task lol

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
heres a few pics of the pipe setup where they routed it and also where they put the flanges

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
been swinging a few spanners today.

decided to get the car on ramps n stands and have a look at my starter to flex plate mesh with no success due to it being in the too hard basket.
also had a look to see where oil was leaking from the rear of the motor....no signs of It coming from the rear main which is good but the rear of the sump gasket looks to be leaking....still an engine out job to fix but not as bad as a rear main..

Had the front wheels off to check and clean the rotors and callipers, whilst under there I found the part number to my king springs and decided to cross referenced it to their website as I had a feeling they were too low with only about 90mmish ride height from chassis rail , it turns out that the clowns at the suspension shop supplied me with the wrong bloody springs last year when I them replaced with new shockers.,,,they supplied me with v6 ultra lows wtf no wonder it was goddamn low......I asked for s/lows for a v8.

so I did research for the correct springs and went out and grabbed a pair to be my weekend project, I started to remove the passenger side and what a shitty job to do....put it this way ill never do a front end spring replacement ever again. W

hilst I was out checking out a few speed shops for any goodies I could convince myself I needed I finally picked up a pair of Mickey T - ET Streets 235/60/15's and got them fitted to my 15x7 pursuit rims which were sitting there patiently waiting to be wrapped in these bad boys, I also grabbed a pair of new 205/65/15's for my 15x6 rims to be fitted on the front end.

If everything goes to plan ill be heading out to the strip this coming Wednesday night and run a few passes in complete street trim ie simmons wheels with standard rubber, full exhaust fitted and spare wheel in the boot then ill change over all of the wheels, remove spare from boot and then dump the pipes at the diff or maybe at the headers...probably just at the diff.
I may have to jet up the carby a few sizes on the primaries and secondaries as it was tuned with the old restricted exhaust, now it will be definitely flowing a lot more so I don't wana lean out

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
haha I know...cant wait to see how the sit and tuck up under the rear guards, the compound is really soft an quite sticky compared to a street tyre.....not some youd wana roll around the streets on although they are legal to do so