Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vh sl/e 355

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Numbers aside id bet it is an animal:) and yea i would have thought a twin 2.5 would have been in order?

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
Numbers aside id bet it is an animal:) and yea i would have thought a twin 2.5 would have been in order?

If it is easier (and cheaper, incase more rates bills are due soon) as well as the fact that all the hangers are in place, twin2.5 into single 3.5" is another option.
It will also have less weight to it.

Really good numbers on the Dyno though. It will be good to see where it gets once full potential has been realised.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
^^a good point. They can sound great too..

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
It definitely is, im just waiting on some backpay from work and then it will be going in.
Zok did advise me to do the pipes first then tune it but I don't have a lazy 1500 just yet no thanks to rego's and rates sucking me dry.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
If it is easier (and cheaper, incase more rates bills are due soon) as well as the fact that all the hangers are in place, twin2.5 into single 3.5" is another option.
It will also have less weight to it.

Really good numbers on the Dyno though. It will be good to see where it gets once full potential has been realised.

It was factory twin so all hangers are there and intact.

Ive been recommended/advised to run this
Twin 3" with an X pipe, mufflers, to the diff and then twin 2.5 over the diff then with another muff/ressi....and all to be flanged as a 3 piece exhaust (headers, Mid section, Tail section).
It sounds like a bizarre setup but it has been dyno and strip tested on a VK 355....

I would've thought a twin 2.5 would've been enough

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
It was factory twin so all hangers are there and intact.

Ive been recommended/advised to run this
Twin 3" with an X pipe, mufflers, to the diff and then twin 2.5 over the diff then with another muff/ressi....and all to be flanged as a 3 piece exhaust (headers, Mid section, Tail section).
It sounds like a bizarre setup but it has been dyno and strip tested on a VK 355....

I would've thought a twin 2.5 would've been enough

Twin 2.5" should be good to support up to 460 flywheel Horses.

Twin 3" definitely would not hold you back if you live in the 6-7k rpm range though.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Twin 2.5" should be good to support up to 460 flywheel Horses.

Twin 3" definitely would not hold you back if you live in the 6-7k rpm range though.
yeah its funny...I get mixed info from exhaust shops, engine builders, tuners, mates, forums.....kinda does my head in haha...
Some shops say twin 3 some say twin 2.5.. Either way it'll cost me an arm and a leg...and maybe a testicle if the Mrs gets wind of it lol
Do I take the pro builders advice or do I take the zorst shops advice :-/

Clayton355

Bring it on
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vnss
Wot size headers u running and wot length collectors,
cant remember ur combo ill have to go back thru or thread,
I run 1 3/4 pacemaker step into 2 1/4 secondaries into 3inch collectors then x pipe twin 3 inch exhaust straight thru ran under diff for better flow out back into twin hooker muflers.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I run 1 3/4 pacemaker step into 2 1/4 secondaries into 3inch collectors then x pipe twin 3 inch exhaust straight thru ran under diff for better flow out back into twin hooker muflers.

Yeah, Go for Hookers.
I'm running a Hooker on mine. Sounds grouse!!

I think either twin 2.5 or twin 3 will keep you happy. It's just how loud you want it and/or how much time you will spend in the higher rpm range.
I would say go smaller and have it set to unbolt midway with bolt on dump pipes for drag racing etc.

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
Same headers as you with the 2 1/4 secs then into 2.5....this was adequate for the bog stock 304 lol.

Combo is 0 decked with flat tops.
Camtech cam....similar to the crane 280SFT. Coolface lifters, trend pushrods, YT roller rockers.

Heads have Ferrea 6000 series valves @ 2.02in & 1.6ex, flowing 270cfm@600 thou lift.....cam only makes about 560lift.
750 demon.

Last edited: